Keyboard shortcut to "Email a link to this page"

In summary, AutoHotkey is a great way to quickly access commonly used keyboard shortcuts, while PhraseExpress lets you assign any string to whatever key combination you like.
JDD
Hi!

I need a keyboard shortcut to "Email a link to this page"
in Firefox 88.0 running on both Win10Pro & Mojave 10.14.6.

Anyone got a way to configure this?

Or know of a way to do this?

Thanks!

Computer science news on Phys.org
I use AutoHotKey for shortcuts to save typing time in LaTeX. So I only use a small margin of what it is actually capable of. I cannot tell whether such a direct call is possible, but you can define any sequence of keys with it.

• Informative
Likes robphy and berkeman
PhraseExpress let's you assign any string to whatever key combination you like. So - if you can do it with a key command, this is a solution.

fresh_42 said:
I use AutoHotKey for shortcuts to save typing time in LaTeX. So I only use a small margin of what it is actually capable of. I cannot tell whether such a direct call is possible, but you can define any sequence of keys with it.
You're really sooo far ahead of me!

Here's a SOLUTION for Mac's:

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/mac-help/mchlp2262/10.14/mac/10.14

However, I also use pc's and would like a solution for Windows 10 using Firefox 88.0.

Any idea's?

Svein said:
PhraseExpress let's you assign any string to whatever key combination you like. So - if you can do it with a key command, this is a solution.
Please re-read my post.

I don't need to use a keystroke to paste a phrase.

I want to invoke the email client I use, which is GMail in Firefox 88.0.

Here's a SOLUTION for Mac's:

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/mac-help/mchlp2262/10.14/mac/10.14

However, I also use pc's and would like a solution for Windows 10 using Firefox 88.0.

Any idea's?

JDD said:
Any idea's?

I do not see your problem. Add the email link to the address bar
1620088561709.png

and all you have to do is click on it.

fresh_42 said:
I do not see your problem. Add the email link to the address bar
View attachment 282451
and all you have to do is click on it.
Screen Shot 2021-05-03 at 8.39.37 PM.png

Already done and years ago.

I don't want to mouse up and click.

I want to use a keyboard shortcut to invoke
the email option.

Goto the solution I posted above for Mac's.

I want a similar solution for pc's, Windows 10.

Then you have to use the tab key repeatedly until it highlights the email icon, and hit return. Since nobody can know where you are, i.e. in which field the cursor is, when you start the process, there will be no way to determine a unique number for how often you will need to use the tab key. Maybe you can find a unique starting point via the escape key, but I doubt it since every website has a different tab ordering.

fresh_42 said:
Then you have to use the tab key repeatedly until it highlights the email icon, and hit return. Since nobody can know where you are, i.e. in which field the cursor is, when you start the process, there will be no way to determine a unique number for how often you will need to use the tab key. Maybe you can find a unique starting point via the escape key, but I doubt it since every website has a different tab ordering.
You HAVE to be kidding . . .

These are computers for gosh sakes!

They do what WE tell them to do.

Please . . . if you haven't got a solution as originally posted,
don't reply with a non sequitor.

Thank you.

JDD said:
You HAVE to be kidding . . .

These are computers for gosh sakes!

They do what WE tell them to do.

Please . . . if you haven't got a solution as originally posted,
don't reply with a non sequitor.

Thank you.
It is up to you to code a browser. Feel free to tell your device what it has to do.

JDD said:
Hi!

I need a keyboard shortcut to "Email a link to this page"
in Firefox 88.0 running on both Win10Pro & Mojave 10.14.6.

Anyone got a way to configure this?

Or know of a way to do this?

Thanks!

For me, "Email Link" appears as an option in the File menu. So I can get to it by Alt+F followed by E. Does this not work for you?

pasmith said:
For me, "Email Link" appears as an option in the File menu. So I can get to it by Alt+F followed by E. Does this not work for you?
It works. Possibly with other letters depending on the language.

What is a keyboard shortcut to "Email a link to this page"?

A common keyboard shortcut to "Email a link to this page" is to press "Ctrl + Shift + M" on a Windows computer or "Command + Shift + M" on a Mac.

How do I use the keyboard shortcut to "Email a link to this page"?

To use the keyboard shortcut, first navigate to the webpage you want to share the link to. Then, press the appropriate shortcut keys for your operating system. This will open up a new email with the link to the page automatically inserted.

Can I customize the keyboard shortcut to "Email a link to this page"?

Yes, most web browsers allow you to customize keyboard shortcuts. In Google Chrome, for example, you can go to "Settings" and then "Advanced" to customize keyboard shortcuts under the "Accessibility" section.

What if the keyboard shortcut to "Email a link to this page" doesn't work?

If the keyboard shortcut does not work, you can also manually copy and paste the link into an email. Additionally, make sure you are using the correct keyboard shortcut for your specific web browser and operating system.

Are there other ways to share a link to a webpage besides using a keyboard shortcut?

Yes, there are other ways to share a link to a webpage. You can copy and paste the link into a text message, social media post, or a messaging app. You can also use the share button on most web browsers to email a link or share it on social media platforms.