LaTex Examples for Beginners on Physics Forums

• LaTeX
  • Thread starter Ken Miller
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Latex
In summary, a user on Physics Forums is looking for a post or article written by Greg Bernhardt that provides examples of how to use LaTex. They are having trouble finding it and are asking for help. Another user has provided a direct link to the post, while another has suggested navigating to it through the INFO tab on the website.
Ken Miller
I'm new to Physics Forums. Yesterday I found something Greg Bernhardt wrote with lots of examples of how to use LaTex. Today I am having no luck finding that posting or article or whatever it was. Can someone point me to it?

Likes Battlemage!
Physics news on Phys.org
Likes Battlemage!
Ken Miller said:
I'm new to Physics Forums. Yesterday I found something Greg Bernhardt wrote with lots of examples of how to use LaTex. Today I am having no luck finding that posting or article or whatever it was. Can someone point me to it?
In addition to the direct link posted by @phyzguy you can also navigate to it by hovering over INFO at the top of the page, and clicking on Help/How-To :smile:

Likes Battlemage!
Thank you, both.

1. What is LaTeX?

LaTeX is a typesetting system that is commonly used in scientific and technical writing. It allows you to create professional-looking documents with complex mathematical equations and symbols.

2. What are some examples of LaTeX?

Some common examples of documents created using LaTeX include research papers, scientific articles, reports, and presentations. It is also used for creating resumes, CVs, and even books.

3. How is LaTeX different from other word processing software?

Unlike traditional word processors, LaTeX uses a markup language to format documents. This allows for precise and consistent formatting, especially when dealing with complex equations and symbols. It also separates the content of the document from its formatting, making it easier to focus on writing.

4. Is LaTeX difficult to learn?

While it may take some time to become proficient in using LaTeX, the basic syntax is relatively easy to learn. There are also many resources available online, such as tutorials and templates, to help get started.

5. Can LaTeX be used for collaborative writing?

Yes, LaTeX can be used for collaborative writing by using version control systems such as Git. This allows multiple users to work on the same document simultaneously, making it a popular choice for collaborative research projects.