LaTeX your opinion of boxing examples in notes

• LaTeX
  • Thread starter Dustinsfl
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Latex Notes
In summary, the conversation discusses the use of boxes in note-taking, with one person using a package called boiboites to create colored boxes for different types of content. They also share images of their boxes for definitions and laws, and receive feedback on the color choice for the "frog box." The expert summarizer does not respond or reply to the conversation, but provides a summary of the content.

Which do you prefer?

• Frog Box

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Standard Box

Votes: 5 83.3%

• Total voters
Dustinsfl

Attachments

• 11x2.png
    11x2.png
    2.2 KB · Views: 76
Physics news on Phys.org
I like using boxes in my notes, but I always go for my notes being nice and clean and clear so I don't use any colour or fancy rendering as it distracts me, that's just personal opinion though.

hmmm16 said:
I like using boxes in my notes, but I always go for my notes being nice and clean and clear so I don't use any colour or fancy rendering as it distracts me, that's just personal opinion though.

The thing I like about the frog box is that it emphasizes to look at this.

I started using a package called boiboites for colored boxes since I haven't taken the time to create any on my own. I color code mine based on whether or not the block is a definition, theorem/lemma/proposition/etc, or example.

Hi dwsmith, :)

In my opinion the standard box is nicer compared to the green one. The green color is a distraction to the eye, but perhaps if you can change the color of the frog box to something else it might look better. :)

Sudharaka said:
Hi dwsmith, :)

In my opinion the standard box is nicer compared to the green one. The green color is a distraction to the eye, but perhaps if you can change the color of the frog box to something else it might look better. :)

I can make it any color you want.

Related to LaTeX your opinion of boxing examples in notes

1. What is LaTeX and how is it used in scientific writing?

LaTeX is a typesetting software commonly used in the scientific community for creating documents, such as research papers and notes. It allows for precise formatting and organization of text, equations, and figures, making it a popular choice for writing and publishing scientific papers.

2. Can LaTeX be used for note-taking and organizing ideas?

Yes, LaTeX can be used for note-taking and organizing ideas. It offers various features, such as customizable templates, cross-referencing, and automatic numbering, which make it an efficient tool for taking and organizing notes.

3. How can boxing examples in notes be beneficial in scientific writing using LaTeX?

Boxing examples in notes can be beneficial in scientific writing using LaTeX as it helps to visually separate and highlight important information, such as equations, diagrams, or data, making it easier for the reader to understand and follow the content.

4. Is it necessary to have prior experience with coding to use LaTeX for note-taking?

No, it is not necessary to have prior experience with coding to use LaTeX for note-taking. While some knowledge of coding can be helpful, there are user-friendly interfaces and resources available that make it accessible for beginners to use LaTeX for note-taking.

5. Can LaTeX be used for collaborative note-taking and editing?

Yes, LaTeX can be used for collaborative note-taking and editing. There are online platforms, such as Overleaf, that allow for real-time collaboration on LaTeX documents, making it a convenient tool for group projects or team note-taking.