Leukorrhea: The White Discharge & Its Secrets

• Thread starter mktsgm
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Discharge
In summary, women experience mucous white discharge known as Leukorrhea, which can be physiological or pathological. It is secreted from the vagina or uterus, and is composed of various glands, cells, and bacteria.
mktsgm
TL;DR Summary
What secrets white discharge in women?
Women generally experience mucous white discharge often called Leukorrhea. There is physiological as well as pathological leukorrhea.

I want to know what secrets or where this secretion comes from? Is it from the vagina itself or does it come from the uterus or some other place? Is there any special gland that secrets this?

And what are the contents of such discharge?

Biology news on Phys.org
mktsgm said:
Summary: What secrets white discharge in women?

Women generally experience mucous white discharge often called Leukorrhea. There is physiological as well as pathological leukorrhea.

I want to know what secrets or where this secretion comes from? Is it from the vagina itself or does it come from the uterus or some other place? Is there any special gland that secrets this?

And what are the contents of such discharge?
Google always a good place to start
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaginal_discharge

pinball1970 said:
Google always a good place to start https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaginal_discharge

Thank you. I had already referred through it. Actually, I had expected more light on this.

Anyhow, thanks once again.

mktsgm said:
Thank you. I had already referred through it. Actually, I had expected more light on this.

Anyhow, thanks once again.
All the details are in the link, the glands involved, cells and type and amount of bacteria.

Likes davenn

1. What is leukorrhea?

Leukorrhea is a type of vaginal discharge that is typically white or clear in color. It is a normal and common occurrence in women, and is often a sign of a healthy reproductive system.

2. What causes leukorrhea?

Leukorrhea is caused by an increase in estrogen levels in the body. This can happen during ovulation, pregnancy, or when a woman is sexually aroused. It can also be a result of hormonal changes during the menstrual cycle.

3. Is leukorrhea a sign of an infection?

In most cases, leukorrhea is not a sign of an infection. However, if the discharge has a strong odor, is accompanied by itching or burning, or has a yellow or green color, it may be a sign of an infection and should be checked by a doctor.

4. Can leukorrhea be prevented?

Leukorrhea is a natural occurrence and cannot be prevented. However, maintaining good hygiene and wearing breathable underwear can help keep the vaginal area clean and dry, reducing the risk of any potential infections.

5. When should I be concerned about leukorrhea?

If you experience any changes in your normal vaginal discharge, such as a sudden increase in amount or a change in color or consistency, it is best to consult with a doctor. Additionally, if the discharge is accompanied by other symptoms such as itching, burning, or pain, it is important to seek medical attention.