Looking for a Solvent to Dissolve Diazo Resin? Suggestions?

• Thread starter Kawakaze
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Solvent
In summary, a solvent for Diazo resin is a liquid substance used to dissolve the resin and create a solution for application. The most common types of solvents used for Diazo resin are acetone, methyl ethyl ketone, toluene, and xylene. The choice of solvent should be based on factors such as solubility, evaporation rate, and compatibility. It is possible to mix different solvents, but caution should be taken to ensure compatibility. Safety precautions should always be followed when working with solvents for Diazo resin, including wearing protective gear and being aware of potential hazards.
Kawakaze
I am looking for a solvent that can dissolve photo setting resin after it has been hardened. I think it is Diazo resin or something like it. Can anyone suggest something? Thanks!

Chemistry news on Phys.org
I don't know if this will help but have you tried simple solvents like chloroform or THF? If they don't work can you try to dissolve it by using these solvents at elevated temperature?

1. What is a solvent for Diazo resin?

A solvent for Diazo resin is a liquid substance that is used to dissolve the Diazo resin and form a solution that can be applied to a surface. It helps to make the resin easier to work with and allows it to be spread evenly.

2. What are the common types of solvents used for Diazo resin?

The most common types of solvents used for Diazo resin include acetone, methyl ethyl ketone, toluene, and xylene. These solvents are commonly used in the printing industry and are known for their ability to dissolve Diazo resin effectively.

3. How do I choose the right solvent for my Diazo resin?

The choice of solvent for Diazo resin depends on the specific application and the properties of the resin itself. Factors like solubility, evaporation rate, and compatibility with other materials should be considered when selecting a solvent.

4. Can I mix different solvents for Diazo resin?

Yes, it is possible to mix different solvents for Diazo resin. However, it is important to make sure that the solvents are compatible with each other and with the Diazo resin. It is recommended to test a small amount of the mixture before using it on a larger scale.

5. Are there any safety precautions when working with a solvent for Diazo resin?

It is important to always follow safety precautions when working with solvents for Diazo resin. These may include wearing protective gear such as gloves and goggles, ensuring proper ventilation, and storing the solvents in a safe and secure manner. It is also important to be aware of any potential hazards associated with the specific solvent being used.