Lookup Row 3 Column "amz" - Result Side by Side

• Thread starter Steven Ellet
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Data Excel
In summary, The conversation discusses the method of looking up data in Excel using formulas and VBA macros. It also explores different ways to quickly retrieve data from multiple cells, including the use of a database structure and indexing.
Steven Ellet
If I want to lookup row 3 column "amz" and the end result will be side by side, how do i do that Example: a=.4 m=.91 z=.22
input; amz
output: .4.91.22

Computer science news on Phys.org
Don't know how you would do it in Excel formulas but here's how you do it in VBA (as an example)

I've put the kind of strings you show into 3 consecutive cells:
string1.JPG

Then created a VBA macro:
Code:
Sub string1()
  Dim a As String
  a = Cells(2, 4)
  MsgBox Cells(2, 4) & Cells(2, 5) & Cells(2, 6)
End Sub

and the result is ".1.2.3"

Steven Ellet said:
If I want to lookup row 3 column "amz" and the end result will be side by side, how do i do that Example: a=.4 m=.91 z=.22
input; amz
"Column amz" is meaningless in Excel. The only thing I can think of that has any meaning is (R3,Ca)&(R3,Cm)&(R3,Cz) In these expressions R=row, C=column and "&" means "concatenation" (strings joined together). Post #2 gives a hint as to how to do the concatenation, but parsing the "amz" part is tricky.

Well if what I was hoping for won't work then how can I quickly pull data from multiple cells, even if I have a lot of data to pull?

Steven Ellet said:
Well if what I was hoping for won't work then how can I quickly pull data from multiple cells, even if I have a lot of data to pull?
One way: Structure your data as a database table and do queries. The trick lies in indexing the data...

Related to Lookup Row 3 Column "amz" - Result Side by Side

What is a "Lookup Row 3 Column "amz" - Result Side by Side"?

A "Lookup Row 3 Column "amz" - Result Side by Side" is a scientific method used to find data in a table or spreadsheet where the row is labeled as "3" and the column is labeled as "amz". The results of this lookup are presented side by side for easy comparison and analysis.

How is a "Lookup Row 3 Column "amz" - Result Side by Side" performed?

To perform a "Lookup Row 3 Column "amz" - Result Side by Side", the researcher must first identify the table or spreadsheet containing the data. Then, they must locate the row labeled as "3" and the column labeled as "amz". Finally, they use a specific scientific formula or function to retrieve and display the results side by side.

What are the benefits of using a "Lookup Row 3 Column "amz" - Result Side by Side"?

The main benefit of using a "Lookup Row 3 Column "amz" - Result Side by Side" is that it allows for quick and easy comparison of data. By presenting the results side by side, researchers can easily identify patterns, trends, and relationships between the data points.

Are there any limitations to using a "Lookup Row 3 Column "amz" - Result Side by Side"?

Yes, there are some limitations to using a "Lookup Row 3 Column "amz" - Result Side by Side". Firstly, this method can only be used for data that is organized in a table or spreadsheet format. Additionally, the results may not always be accurate if the data is not properly labeled or if there are errors in the formula or function used.

Can a "Lookup Row 3 Column "amz" - Result Side by Side" be used for all types of data?

No, a "Lookup Row 3 Column "amz" - Result Side by Side" is most commonly used for numerical data. It may not be as effective for qualitative or categorical data, as the results may not be as easily comparable. However, there are certain techniques and methods that can be used to adapt this method for other types of data.