Modeling in ANSYS WORKBENCH

In summary, the individual is seeking assistance with performing a transient analysis on a welded joint. They have tried to use the "imprint faces" option while extruding lines, as suggested in a tutorial, but it is not available in the extrusion operation. The individual has attached a screenshot of the issue and is wondering if there is another way to model the moving heat source in ANSYS Workbench. Another individual suggests that the imprint faces option may have moved to the Create->Boolean operation.
happytolearn
Please help.I want to do transient analysis on welded joint.So for moving heat source I have to select multiple patches along the weld joint.From tutorial I came to know that it can be done by imprint faces while extruding lines,but when I tried it by extrusion in operation it does not show the option IMPRINT FACES.Please suggest what I am missing?I have attached a screenshot of the problem.
upload_2016-4-16_12-46-30.png

Engineering news on Phys.org
Is there any other way to model the moving heat source in ANSYS Workbench?

I don't know about the transient analysis, but I think the imprint faces option has moved to the Create->Boolean operation

thanx bigfooted i will check it

What is ANSYS WORKBENCH?

ANSYS WORKBENCH is a software tool used for computer-aided engineering (CAE) simulations, specifically in the areas of structural, thermal, fluid, and electromagnetic analysis. It allows engineers and scientists to create, analyze, and optimize models of physical systems.

What is modeling in ANSYS WORKBENCH?

Modeling in ANSYS WORKBENCH refers to the process of creating a virtual representation of a physical system using the software's CAD and simulation tools. This allows engineers to test and analyze the behavior of the system under different conditions, without the need for physical prototypes.

What are the benefits of using ANSYS WORKBENCH for modeling?

There are several benefits to using ANSYS WORKBENCH for modeling, including its user-friendly interface, powerful simulation capabilities, and ability to handle complex geometries. It also allows for faster design iterations, cost savings, and improved product performance.

What types of simulations can be performed in ANSYS WORKBENCH?

ANSYS WORKBENCH offers a wide range of simulation capabilities, including structural analysis, thermal analysis, fluid dynamics, and electromagnetic analysis. It also allows for multiphysics simulations, where two or more types of analysis can be combined to simulate a more realistic behavior of a system.

Do I need any prior experience to use ANSYS WORKBENCH for modeling?

While prior experience with CAD and simulation software can be helpful, ANSYS WORKBENCH is designed to be user-friendly and intuitive. It offers tutorials and online resources to help users get started, and its step-by-step workflows make it accessible to both experienced engineers and beginners.