Need Assistance - Can Someone Help Me?

• MHB
  • Thread starter FilipVz
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Assistance
In summary, the conversation is about a person asking for help with a problem and being directed to a proof for a theorem on an online forum. The proof involves showing that a linear injection preserves linear independence and a linear surjection preserves spanning. This proof demonstrates that the image of a basis under the given isomorphism is also a basis, thus proving the theorem.
FilipVz
Hi,

can somebody help me with the following problem:View attachment 1530

Thank you. :)

Attachments

• Exercise 4.png
    Exercise 4.png
    2.6 KB · Views: 75
Physics news on Phys.org
FilipVz said:
Hi,

can somebody help me with the following problem:View attachment 1530

Thank you. :)

Hi Filipvz, :)

Welcome to MHB! :)

You can find the proof for this theorem >>here<<.

Lazy, hazy proof:

An isomorphism is, among other things, a bijection. So all one needs to do is show 2 things:

1) A linear injection preserves linear independence
2) A linear surjection preserves spanning

These two facts together show that the image under our given isomorphism of a basis for the first vector space is a basis for the second space, and since the isomorphism is bijective, they have the same cardinality.

Related to Need Assistance - Can Someone Help Me?

1. What does "need assistance" mean?

"Need assistance" is a phrase used to express a need or request for help or support. It could refer to any type of assistance, such as physical, emotional, financial, or technical support.

2. How can I find someone to help me?

There are several ways to find someone to help you. You can reach out to friends or family, seek assistance from organizations or support groups, hire a professional, or ask for help online through platforms like social media or community forums.

3. Is it okay to ask for help?

Yes, it is absolutely okay to ask for help when you need it. Everyone needs help at some point in their lives, and it is a sign of strength and self-awareness to recognize when you need assistance.

4. What type of assistance can I ask for?

You can ask for assistance with any aspect of your life that you are struggling with. This could include tasks, emotional support, advice, resources, or anything else that you need help with. It is important to be specific about what type of assistance you need when asking for help.

5. How can I effectively communicate my need for assistance?

When communicating your need for assistance, it is important to be clear and direct about what type of help you need. Be honest and specific about your struggles and what you hope to gain from the assistance. It may also be helpful to have a plan in place for how the person can help you, and to express your gratitude for their support.