Need help comming up with a Funny Physics T-shirt ?

In summary, this person is looking for ideas for funny physics T-shirts. They are looking for something that is unique and not too geeky. They are looking for suggestions that are educational level appropriate. They are looking for suggestions that are from Google.
nukeman
Hey everyone,

Doing a little project for school, and want to try bringing more attention to our schools physics program, so part of it is I want to create some funny physics T-shirts.

I got a graphics guy, so Just need some ideas. Something funny and creative/unique

There are lots out there, but wanted to see if I can get anything fresh ?

Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
What is the educational level here? High school ----------> post doc?

Except for high school, something about Schrodinger's cat being alive, dead, or totally steamed off about being locked in a box could be cute, though some words a bit stonger than "steamed off" seem to be needed.

Oldfart said:
What is the educational level here? High school ----------> post doc?

Except for high school, something about Schrodinger's cat being alive, dead, or totally steamed off about being locked in a box could be cute, though some words a bit stonger than "steamed off" seem to be needed.

University (undergrad)

How's this?

Most of Physics deals with vacuums, and...

Lol, no, I won't go there, true though it might be. I'm outta clues. Hopefully someone else has a couple.

How about putting the definition of a beard-second below a picture of some physicist with a beard (or one of the physics faculty, if one happens to have a beard)

Or one that reads: "I'm not sure how fast I'm going, but I'm probably somewhere in [physics building]"

Make four shirts:
[tex]\delta S_{i} \neq 0[/tex]
"You must play the game."

[tex]\delta U = \delta Q - \delta W[/tex]
"You can't win the game."

[tex] \delta S = \frac {\delta Q} {T} [/tex]
"You can't break even."

[tex] S = k_{B} log \Omega[/tex]
"You can't quit the game."

I think "funny" physics T-shirts are self-defeating. They are more likely to drive people away.

This one probably wouldn't go over well...

How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb? Only one, but 600 applied for the job.

Yeah... I think that would have the opposite effect you wanted but it would be funny given what your trying to do.

Yeah um actually I'm not sure what your trying to do can actually work. I guess you could try putting something like "free pizza in the physics department" on one side and then put "just kidding" on the other side or something.

When I was a grad student (at UC Boulder) the undergrad SPS had t-shirts in school colors with the school mascot-logo (the buffalo) as the nucleus of a "Bohr-model" atom. We though they were pretty cold... although we wish they didn't have the undergrad SPS chapter on them as writing... otherwise we would have been buying them up too (it would have been a good fundraiser; I bet some chemistry students would have liked them too). I think the school colors and logo made it less geeky.

1. What are some funny physics jokes that could be used on a t-shirt?

Some funny physics jokes that could be used on a t-shirt include: "I'm a physicist, trust me, I'm always right." "I'm not lazy, I'm just conserving energy." "Never trust an atom, they make up everything." "I'm not arguing, I'm just explaining why I'm right."

2. How can I incorporate a physics concept into a funny t-shirt design?

There are many ways to incorporate a physics concept into a funny t-shirt design. You could use puns, play on words, or use clever illustrations to represent a physics concept in a humorous way. For example, you could have a picture of a cat with the caption "Schrödinger's Cat is both alive and dead...and also very cute."

3. What are some popular physics references that could be used on a t-shirt?

Some popular physics references that could be used on a t-shirt include: "May the force be with you." "E=mc^2" "The Big Bang Theory" "Higgs Boson Particle: I found it!"

4. How can I make a physics t-shirt that is both funny and educational?

To make a physics t-shirt that is both funny and educational, you could use a funny joke or pun related to a specific physics concept, and then provide a brief explanation or definition of that concept. This way, the t-shirt will make people laugh while also teaching them something new about physics.

5. Are there any guidelines I should follow when designing a funny physics t-shirt?

When designing a funny physics t-shirt, it's important to make sure that the joke or reference is appropriate and respectful. You should also make sure that the design is clear and easy to read, and that it represents the concept accurately. Additionally, consider using colors and fonts that are eye-catching and visually appealing.