Need help to get equation of Kirchhoff

• Thread starter simplewhite
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Kirchhoff
In summary, the conversation discusses the process of obtaining the equation of Kirchhoff for a specific circuit. The speaker suggests modeling diodes and op-amps and applying loop equations, explaining the characteristics of these components. They also mention the option of using Lagrangian mechanics to simulate the system, but note that it would be too lengthy to explain.
simplewhite
Please help me!
I can't understand how to get equation of Kirchhoff to this scheme.
Thank you!

http://i5.pixs.ru/storage/4/3/0/shemaJPG_8094561_3553430.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
You have to model the diodes and op-amps and then apply your loop equations. A diode is a voltage-driven current source, something like i=c( exp(a*v)-1 ) where c and a are constants. The op amps are a little trickier, you have to model each terminal as a grounded voltage source.

For this kind of system, it is easier to simulate it by deriving the equations of charge using Lagrangian mechanics approach (because all these elements have mechanical analogies) but this is too long to explain here.

1. What is Kirchhoff's circuit law?

Kirchhoff's circuit laws are a set of rules that govern the behavior of electrical circuits. The first law, also known as Kirchhoff's Current Law, states that the sum of currents entering a node (or junction) in a circuit must equal the sum of currents leaving that node, taking into account the direction of flow.

2. How do I apply Kirchhoff's first law to a circuit?

To apply Kirchhoff's first law, you must first identify all the nodes in the circuit. Then, set up an equation for each node, with the sum of incoming currents equal to the sum of outgoing currents. You can use this equation to solve for unknown currents or voltages in the circuit.

3. What is Kirchhoff's second law?

Kirchhoff's second law, also known as Kirchhoff's Voltage Law, states that the sum of voltage drops (or rises) around a closed loop in a circuit must equal the sum of voltage sources in that loop. This law is based on the principle of conservation of energy.

4. Can Kirchhoff's laws be used for any type of circuit?

Yes, Kirchhoff's laws can be applied to any type of circuit, including series, parallel, and complex circuits. They are based on fundamental principles of electrical circuits and can be used to analyze and solve for unknown values in any circuit.

5. How can I use Kirchhoff's laws to find the total resistance in a circuit?

To find the total resistance in a circuit, you can use Kirchhoff's laws to set up a system of equations and then solve for the unknown resistance values. For example, in a series circuit, you can use Kirchhoff's voltage law to find the total voltage drop and then use Ohm's law to calculate the total resistance. In a parallel circuit, you can use Kirchhoff's current law to find the total current and then use Ohm's law to calculate the total resistance.