PF Alert Machine: Can I Monitor Forum Alerts Without Logging In?

• JavaScript
  • Thread starter YoungPhysicist
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Machine
In summary: I'll send you a copy when I'm done. In summary, the program refreshes the page automatically whenever there is an update alert, so you don't need to keep checking.
YoungPhysicist
Insights Author
I used to check up on this forum for every hour to see if there are ant new alerts of me, but now I ran into a problem:

I actually have an eye treatment in process which the doctor told me yesterday that I can only view this forum for 1 hour a day, which makes checking once per hour impossible.

The alert function of this forum is very useful.But I have to log in or at least open the browser to see it, so is it possible to make something, whether a script or an actual machine, that can monitor this forum, and send text messages to me whenever there is an alert? That will dramaticly reduce the actual time I need to spend on this forum since I don't need to open the browser and see no alerts, which happens to be the case for 90% of all time.

Are such things possible? Or are there other alternatives?

Last edited:
Technology news on Phys.org
Young physicist said:
I used to check up on this forum for every hour to see if there are ant new alerts of me, but now I ran into a problem:

I actually have an eye treatment in process which the doctor told me yesterday that I can only view this forum for 1 hour a day, which makes checking once per hour impossible.

The alert function of this forum is very useful.But I have to log in or at least open the browser to see it, so is it possible to make something, whether a script or an actual machine, that can monitor this forum, and send text messages to me whenever there is an alert? That will dramaticly reduce the actual time I need to spend on this forum since I don't need to open the browser and see no alerts, which happens to be the case for 90% of all time.

Are such things possible? Or are there other alternatives?
You can set "send email on alert" in your profile.

Leave the browser open and do a Reload command as needed. On a keyboard, the F5 key tells the browser to request a re-send of the currently displayed page.

Cheers,
Tom

(hope you are off the usage restriction soon)

Likes YoungPhysicist
Tom.G said:
(hope you are off the usage restriction soon)
Thanks. By the way, I just finished writing the refreshing program. It worked out great!

Likes Tom.G

1. Can I set up automatic alerts for specific forums?

Yes, the PF Alert Machine allows you to set up customized alerts for specific forums. You can choose the forums you want to monitor and receive notifications whenever new content is posted.

2. Do I need to log in to my account every time to receive alerts?

No, you can set up the PF Alert Machine to send alerts to your email address without logging in to your account. This allows you to stay updated on forum activity even when you're not actively using the platform.

3. Can I choose how frequently I receive alerts?

Yes, you can customize the frequency of your alerts based on your preferences. You can choose to receive alerts immediately, hourly, daily, or weekly, depending on how often you want to be notified of forum activity.

4. Is there a limit to the number of forums I can monitor?

No, there is no limit to the number of forums you can monitor with the PF Alert Machine. You can set up alerts for as many forums as you want, making it easier to stay updated on various topics and discussions.

5. Can I unsubscribe from alerts for a specific forum?

Yes, you can easily unsubscribe from alerts for a specific forum at any time. You can either do this through your account settings or by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email alert.