PF Member Photo Thread Archive

In summary: Some members also made jokes and teased each other. The conversation ended with one member finally sharing his photo and asking the others to go easy on the photoshopping.
  • #2,381
MIH said:
There is at least some "shoe-doo voodoo" going on. I have a pair that are slipping off my feet and it is really annoying. I have a hypothesis that the feet of the sisters all grow or shrink until they attain the same size.

so will all your usernames shrink to like larkspur's did? A sign of the PF sisterhood growing weaker and frailer

! said:
Try to PM her, and you'll get the answer...o:) :biggrin:

No, you tell me the answer...I don't feel like PMing right now

Physics news on Phys.org
  • #2,382
:smile:
I bet you already tried it, dear!

• #2,383
nope, still waiting for an answer

• #2,384
yomamma said:
is there a reason why larkspur's name is not bolded like the rest of everyone else? Is this a sisterhood thing?
I am bold again!
I had changed my email address but never got the activation email to get back on. I guess the spam filter caught it.

I felt like I was in another dimension where I could see and here you all but you couldn't hear me!
Glad to be back!
Just in time to hit the road for vacation!:biggrin:

• #2,385
larkspur said:
I am bold again!
I had changed my email address but never got the activation email to get back on. I guess the spam filter caught it.

I felt like I was in another dimension where I could see and here you all but you couldn't hear me!
Glad to be back!
Just in time to hit the road for vacation!:biggrin:
Yeah, and now yomamma is able to PM you...:rolleyes:

• #2,386
I'm able to PM you too

• #2,387
Is it a threat? :rolleyes:

• #2,388
Lisa! said:
Is it a threat? :rolleyes:
:smile: [color=#eded]...[/color]

• #2,389
it may be...

• #2,390
SimplySolitary_ said:
I tend to lurk around here more then anything, but eh, I'll post myself.
This was taken... eh, I'd say a month ago? Maybe a little longer? I don't know. It was 2:30 in the morning...
(Hoping it works for me...)
oaahh, the "finger in the mouth"-position...:approve:

With a move like that...you can ALWAYS turn me ono:)

regards
marlon, who is about to have some sweet dreams...aleluia

• #2,391
Evo said:
New picture of the Spawn of Evo.

evospawn7zv.jpg
wow jeeezus...does she go to school like that ?

marlon

• #2,392
marlon said:
wow jeeezus...does she go to school like that ?

marlon
Sometimes.

• #2,393
I've just looked at Marlon's post, and it made me look at SimpleSolitary's pic again, and something caught my eye. I'm wondering, what is that (circled)?
I'd appreciate having answer, simple curiosity.

http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/2683/623113069lmod0tg.jpg

Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:
  • #2,394
heartless said:
I've just looked at Marlon's post, and it made me look at SimpleSolitary's pic again, and something caught my eye. I'm wondering, what is that (circled)?
I'd appreciate having answer, simple curiosity.

http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/2683/623113069lmod0tg.jpg

Thanks,
Hahah!

That's a printer! It's a laserjet, very nice, prints beautifully. :)

• #2,395
marlon said:
oaahh, the "finger in the mouth"-position...:approve:

With a move like that...you can ALWAYS turn me ono:)

regards
marlon, who is about to have some sweet dreams...aleluia
I was told about a month after I had that picture that it was 'sexy'... If I had known that I would have gotten... erm, those sort of responces, I wouldn't have posted it. Sorry... :rolleyes:

Glad you enjoyed it...? :smile:

• #2,396
SimplySolitary_ said:
Hahah!

That's a printer! It's a laserjet, very nice, prints beautifully. :)

:smile: My first assumption was "that's a refrigirator!", then my second thought was it has something to do with beer. I'd never assume that was a printer.

• #2,397
Evo said:
Sometimes.

Mmm.. You're definition of school confounds me..

• #2,398
Ok, here's a couple recent picture of me, as all my other pictures have been from quite awhile ago.

The first is me standing beside a Ferrari 360 at the dealership in Toronto a couple days ago (some friends and I went on a road trip to visit UofT and I had to stop by).

The second is me and some friends at McGill university a couple weeks ago, I'm in the red shirt <edit: the dark red shirt in the middle). (This was before I had my hair cut last week)

The third is me and two of my friends when we were in montreal the other week at a restaurant.

Attachments

• Me & Ferrari.gif
    Me & Ferrari.gif
    148.9 KB · Views: 746
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 626
  • 23.jpg
    23.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 662
Last edited:
  • #2,399
I don't know why, but in every picture, you look differently, and if I were to guess, I'd say these are all different people. Anyway, what's your major (or however you call it) at McGill U?

• #2,400
heartless said:
I don't know why, but in every picture, you look differently, and if I were to guess, I'd say these are all different people. Anyway, what's your major (or however you call it) at McGill U?

lol, really? well the first one i can understand because of the hair cut. the other two, well I'm with the same ppl so if that helps...

i was just visiting McGill with some friends (in the pics) tryin to decide between it and UofT. I ended up choosing UofT and will be starting my first year of Engineering Science in september.

here's some more if u still don't believe me heartless...one is at the same restaurant as the one above of me in the light blue shirt (u'll recognize the other ppl in the pic as well, it was the 5 of us on the trip), and the other is kinda blurry but notice the jeans are the same ones i wore in teh ferrari picture.

Attachments

• 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 612
Last edited:
  • #2,401
rocketboy said:
Ok, here's a couple recent picture of me, as all my other pictures have been from quite awhile ago.

The first is me standing beside a Ferrari 360 at the dealership in Toronto a couple days ago (some friends and I went on a road trip to visit UofT and I had to stop by).

The second is me and some friends at McGill university a couple weeks ago, I'm in the red shirt <edit: the dark red shirt in the middle). (This was before I had my hair cut last week)

The third is me and two of my friends when we were in montreal the other week at a restaurant.

Please don't ruin the picture by blocking the ferrari...:mad:

Likes gracy
  • #2,402
cyrusabdollahi said:
Please don't ruin the picture by blocking the ferrari...:mad:
I agree... :mad: That's a beautiful car.

• #2,403
Pic of my wife (Barbara), our dog (Phoebe) and myself (Jeff). For that Christmas, Phoebe wanted a big tree and presents and this was the best we could do:

Attachments

• xmas01.jpg
    xmas01.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 677
  • #2,404
Awww...Phoebe looks soooooo soft and cuddly! I'm sure she got everything she asked Santa for!

• #2,405
heartless said:
:smile: My first assumption was "that's a refrigirator!", then my second thought was it has something to do with beer. I'd never assume that was a printer.
:smile: :smile: :smile: I was asked if it was a mini fridge before, but no one has thought it had something to do with beer... geez... :-p

• #2,406
Evo said:
Sometimes.
Hum, are you being serious here ?

I don't want to be old fashioned but aren't the skirts supposed to be below the knees ?

marlon

• #2,407
SimplySolitary_ said:
I was told about a month after I had that picture that it was 'sexy'... If I had known that I would have gotten... erm, those sort of responces, I wouldn't have posted it. Sorry... :rolleyes:

I can understand that.

marlon

• #2,408
marlon said:
aren't the skirts supposed to be below the knees ?
:bugeye: That's barbaric!

• #2,409
Danger said:
:bugeye: That's barbaric!
:smile: :smile: :smile: That's a beaut!

• #2,410
marlon said:

I don't want to be old fashioned but aren't the skirts supposed to be below the knees ?

marlon
Now you know why kids don't learn anything in school anymore (or at least why the boys don't). All the boys are distracted by the attire of the girls.

• #2,411
Well, at least they have motive for going to school...:-p

• #2,412
marlon said:

marlon
At one of our most prestigious private high schools, the girls wear uniforms very much like what Spawn is wearing. They all wear short grey skirts:
http://www.mhs-la.org/aboutMHS/images/h3grl.jpg

Of course, this is a school for girls only.

• #2,413
Moonbear said:
Now you know why kids don't learn anything in school anymore (or at least why the boys don't). All the boys are distracted by the attire of the girls.
Apparently you did not attend HS-college in the late 60's, when mini-skirts were at their peak. (I meant popularity, but that could have applied to the height of the hemline, too.) Some of us managed to graduate with honors. Although the fact that there were only a handful of young ladies in my first-year engineering classes may have played some part in my switch to Liberal Arts w/ a double-major in English Lit and Philosophy. :-p

• #2,414
turbo-1 said:
Using the professor's old Way-Back machine, here's a picture of me and my wife:
https://www.physicsforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6898&stc=1&d=1147552098
us.jpg
That is an amazing looking picture. It's so... mournful, almost, so sad, but I just adore the clothing choices and the pose. That's so... awesome looking.

• #2,415
SimplySolitary_ said:
That is an amazing looking picture. It's so... mournful, almost, so sad, but I just adore the clothing choices and the pose. That's so... awesome looking.
Thank you. We were and are still pretty down-to-earth people. We got married in T-shirts and jeans and that's still about 90% of my wardrobe, with some flannel shirts, sweatshirts, and fleece pullovers. I don't own a suit, a sports jacket, or a tie. The picture was taken about 30 years ago - we couldn't really afford a professional portrait, but we bought a book of coupons to support a local charity and the free portrait was one of the coupon deals. We had seen old formal portraits (paintings, mostly) done in this style, and that's we we told the photographer we wanted. It's my favorite picture of us.

EDIT: We weren't mournful by any means! We were happy with our lives (and still are!) and wanted to have a nice portrait of ourselves together, not a goofy snapshot where someone yells "cheese!".

Last edited: