PF Member Photo Thread Archive

In summary: Some members also made jokes and teased each other. The conversation ended with one member finally sharing his photo and asking the others to go easy on the photoshopping.
  • #2,416
Math Is Hard said:
At one of our most prestigious private high schools, the girls wear uniforms very much like what Spawn is wearing. They all wear short grey skirts:
http://www.mhs-la.org/aboutMHS/images/h3grl.jpg

Of course, this is a school for girls only.
With uniforms like that, I'm surprised the kids aren't begging for uniforms! I'd never allow a kid of mine to go to school in a skirt that short! :bugeye:

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
  • #2,417
Moonbear said:
With uniforms like that, I'm surprised the kids aren't begging for uniforms! I'd never allow a kid of mine to go to school in a skirt that short! :bugeye:
Ick I would hate to have to wear a uniform like that, or a uniform at all for that matter. Seems to much like dressing up to me :redface:

• #2,418
Math Is Hard said:
Awww...Phoebe looks soooooo soft and cuddly! I'm sure she got everything she asked Santa for!
Yep, she's one smart and spoiled doggy. We mute the TV when commercials come on, and she either grabs a toy to play chase and tug of war with, or she walks over to the sliding glass door, and looks at me, which is how she tells me she wants me to pick her up and take her outside on the balcony to look at the view. She has a special bark for us when she want's to go for a walk, and gets 5 or 6 walks a day. During one of her walks, she stops at a neighbors home, knowing she'll get a treat from them. She likes her dry food in a platic bottle, so she can smack the bottle with her paws and dispense her food herself (this is a Papillion trait).

• #2,419
I'm finding it beyond my tech skills to produce a picture small enough to post.

There's one of me at the bottom of http://mementomoron.blogspot.com/2005/05/yes-sir-thats-my-baby.html" , posing with my godson out in Oregon.

• #2,420
Math Is Hard said:
At one of our most prestigious private high schools, the girls wear uniforms very much like what Spawn is wearing. They all wear short grey skirts:
http://www.mhs-la.org/aboutMHS/images/h3grl.jpg

:approve: Pure Art

Of course, this is a school for girls only.
*sighs*

No one can have it all...

marlon

• #2,421
There is a place where all your darkest sickest fantasies are possible...
For Marlon, would this be a girls private high school?

• #2,422
Jeff Reid said:
:smile:

If i answer this question, i might get banned from this forum...

marlon

• #2,423
Jeff Reid said:

definately are...they look very similar to the uniforms the girls where at my high school (which is private...but coed thank god)

• #2,424
Moonbear said:
I would have never been able to concentrate on schoolwork.

• #2,425
FredGarvin said:
Being surrounded by beautiful women is real nice, but, if you are in this situation very often you get used to it.:rolleyes:

marlon

• #2,426
turbo-1 said:
Apparently you did not attend HS-college in the late 60's, when mini-skirts were at their peak. (I meant popularity, but that could have applied to the height of the hemline, too.) Some of us managed to graduate with honors. Although the fact that there were only a handful of young ladies in my first-year engineering classes may have played some part in my switch to Liberal Arts w/ a double-major in English Lit and Philosophy. :-p
And hip-huggers and halter tops. Our high school had to ban the wearing of halter tops, some of which were very loose. :rolleyes: It was very distracting! :bugeye:

• #2,427
And you had to really admire the girls who didn't know how to tie a proper knot. :biggrin:

• #2,428
Land sailing on the caldera of an active volcano yesterday. Wish you-all were here (we could race)!

Last edited:
  • #2,429
Lurch and Cyclovenum, a belated CUTE! :-p

• #2,430
Evo said:
Lurch and Cyclovenum, a belated CUTE! :-p

Thanks for the compliment, Evo. But i must say your daughter is beautiful as you are, too

• #2,431
My wife took this picture of me with my mistress, i.e., Physics Forums is on the computer screen.

Attachments

• George_Jones.JPG
    George_Jones.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 766
  • #2,432
George Jones said:
My wife took this picture of me with my mistress, i.e., Physics Forums is on the computer screen.
Ah, PF is a fickle mistress, is she not? :-p

Nice pic, though it must sort of suck using that chair to sit in while chatting online... :)

• #2,433
SimplySolitary_ said:
Nice pic, though it must sort of suck using that chair to sit in while chatting online... :)

Actually, the chair is fairly comfortable. Also, I don't make all my posts from home. :wink:

• #2,434
FredGarvin said:
And they keep putting the kids on Ritalin for that. :rolleyes: No wonder they have the attention span of gnats on caffeine!

• #2,435
Moonbear said:
And they keep putting the kids on Ritalin for that. :rolleyes: No wonder they have the attention span of gnats on caffeine!
Heavier doses of Ritalin should fix that. :smile: When I went to elementary school there were 5 teachers running the place. There was one teacher for kindergarten and one teacher each for grades 1&2, 3&4, 5&6, and 7&8. One teacher for about every 20 kids, but each class was taught only 1/2 day, with in-class work being done for the remainder. When we went to the regional high school, we were well-represented in academic excellence, despite the fact that we came from a town that was economically depressed. I was lucky - in the 1960s, our family had running hot water and an indoor toilet, while many of my friends had neither. In the 1950's, we lived in a rented dump that did not have reliable sanitation, and our access to hot water for baths and shampoos was limited to the extent to which our parents were willing to fire up the stove and heat the water. Tub baths were allocated in terms of who was most "deserving" and perhaps who was most dirty. In terms of the former, I probably got the last bath more that most family members, because I was most likely to work in the garden, transplant berry bushes, etc. When the temperature of brooks and streams got tolerable, I tried to clean up with a bit of swimming/bathing as often as I could, and avoid the bathtub.

• #2,436
As I was digging through old photos for the latest photo contest, I came across this one of me with my sister. I was about 11 in the photo (I'm on the left...the one who caught the REALLY BIG fish...or at least when I was that age, I thought they were really big, enough to make my parents take a picture of me posing with my catch...my sister couldn't be left out, so grabbed two blowfish to hog my fame :rolleyes:). But, the reason I had to share this is that nobody ever believes me, or quite envisions it properly, when I explain the striped wallpaper and curtains I grew up with in our kitchen. This photo was taken in front of the kitchen window showing the wallpaper and curtains in their full glory! It's like something directly out of a psychology textbook on ways parents screw up their children (and yes, if you looked at the walls long enough, there was the optical illusion that the stripes were moving; I'm sure it went really well with the parties my parents used to throw back in the 70s...though this photo was taken in the early 80s). :smile:

Share my childhood pain! :biggrin:

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/2597/stripes9ko.jpg

• #2,437
Moonbear said:
As I was digging through old photos for the latest photo contest, I came across this one of me with my sister. I was about 11 in the photo (I'm on the left...the one who caught the REALLY BIG fish...or at least when I was that age, I thought they were really big, enough to make my parents take a picture of me posing with my catch...my sister couldn't be left out, so grabbed two blowfish to hog my fame :rolleyes:). But, the reason I had to share this is that nobody ever believes me, or quite envisions it properly, when I explain the striped wallpaper and curtains I grew up with in our kitchen. This photo was taken in front of the kitchen window showing the wallpaper and curtains in their full glory! It's like something directly out of a psychology textbook on ways parents screw up their children (and yes, if you looked at the walls long enough, there was the optical illusion that the stripes were moving; I'm sure it went really well with the parties my parents used to throw back in the 70s...though this photo was taken in the early 80s). :smile:

Share my childhood pain! :biggrin:

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/2597/stripes9ko.jpg
Moonbear,[/URL] you are so pretty! :approve:

Yeah, your fish are definately bigger. Those are bigger than anything I ever caught. Of course I would only fish with closed pins and would just net the fish, then throw him back. (I can't actually injure anything :blushing: )

• #2,438
Aww...gosh...you were supposed to be looking at the wallpaper and curtains! :smile: My hair used to turn so golden when I was still allowed out in the daylight. And, as you can tell, that was back before kids were slathered with sunblock before setting foot outdoors.

• #2,439
Great picture, Moonie! Did you cook those fish or dissect them?:smile:

• #2,440
Okay here finally ...Himan & Heman
Himan is by the name Himanshu121!

Attachments

• 22698716.jpg
    22698716.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 681
  • DSCN0087.JPG
    DSCN0087.JPG
    16.5 KB · Views: 701
Last edited:
  • #2,441
heman said:
Okay here finally ...Himan & Heman
Himan is by the name Himanshu121!
Which is which?

• #2,442
Math Is Hard said:
Great picture, Moonie! Did you cook those fish or dissect them?:smile:
I did the cleaning, Mom did the cooking, and we all did the eating! :biggrin:

As an aside, I learned to filet fish when I caught ones at the opposite end of the extreme...caught some small fish that my parents insisted weren't worth keeping, and because they were the only ones I had caught, and it was the end of the day, I insisted on keeping my catch, so they made me do the fileting. I think the piece of meat I got out of it might have been the size of a chicken finger, if I was generous in my size estimate. :rolleyes:

• #2,443
Evo said:
Which is which?

well himan is the one with big hairs...and i am with short one..!

• #2,444
okay a different pic...me in blue & hairy himan standing!

Attachments

• DSCN0098.JPG
    DSCN0098.JPG
    24.4 KB · Views: 620
  • #2,445
:smile: That's a cute picture Moonbear.

• #2,446
Moonbear with fish! What a great picture, for all of the elements of it, MB. :smile:

We had similar wallpaper in the living room of one house, although the black, white, and grey lines were wavy. And if you stared at the line for too long...yeah. At one point, we had furniture that matched the wallpaper nearly well enough for the sofa to disappear against the walls.

Now, let me tell you about the red, white, and blue striped wallpaper in the kitchen. :wink:

• #2,447
GeorginaS said:
Now, let me tell you about the red, white, and blue striped wallpaper in the kitchen. :wink:
Please don't

• #2,448
GeorginaS said:
Moonbear with fish! What a great picture, for all of the elements of it, MB. :smile:

We had similar wallpaper in the living room of one house, although the black, white, and grey lines were wavy. And if you stared at the line for too long...yeah. At one point, we had furniture that matched the wallpaper nearly well enough for the sofa to disappear against the walls.

:smile: I have no pictures of what the dining room originally looked like. It was also black and white, but sort of checkers in waving patterns (the checkers varied in size to create the waves). I really can't describe it, but I now know why we get along so well...we suffered the same childhood decorating agony! :smile: I think we'll have to make you a member of the PF sisterhood for that. :approve:

• #2,449
Moonbear said:
:smile: I have no pictures of what the dining room originally looked like. It was also black and white, but sort of checkers in waving patterns (the checkers varied in size to create the waves). I really can't describe it, but I now know why we get along so well...we suffered the same childhood decorating agony! :smile: I think we'll have to make you a member of the PF sisterhood for that. :approve:
Georgina is definitely a sister!

I didn't suffer decorating nightmares. My mother was into Danish Modern. Ok, Danish Modern was rather bleak. :frown: Very understated.

http://www.hoxtonlofts.co.uk/

Last edited:
  • #2,450
Hey that's not bad. Looks rather Ethan Allen-ish. Would look very nice in a modern appartment. :cool:

*It would look atrocious if you don't pull it off right though, gloomy and depressing.