Photoshop: Add Metadata w/Older Lenses

• Thread starter Simetra7
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Photoshop
In summary, a person is asking on behalf of someone who recently bought a digital SLR camera and wants to know if they can add settings to photoshop metadata for older lenses. They are also looking for suggestions on where to find information on EXIF data editors.
Simetra7
I am asking this question on behalf of my brother who has just purchased a digital SLR camera. He would like to know if it is possible to add settings in photoshop metadata that his camera doesn't with his older lenses.

Computer science news on Phys.org
Simetra7 said:
I am asking this question on behalf of my brother who has just purchased a digital SLR camera. He would like to know if it is possible to add settings in photoshop metadata that his camera doesn't with his older lenses.

like what?

Any. Can the metadata be added to or changed in any way. When he uses his older lenses on the camera the information from them is not recorded in the metadata and he wants to add it manually.

Simetra7 said:
Any. Can the metadata be added to or changed in any way. When he uses his older lenses on the camera the information from them is not recorded in the metadata and he wants to add it manually.

I am not sure about PS, but I think that there are apps that allow you to add data to the EXIF Data.

ComputerGeek said:
I am not sure about PS, but I think that there are apps that allow you to add data to the EXIF Data.

Any suggestions on where to find info on these?

Simetra7 said:
Any suggestions on where to find info on these?

google exif data editors

Cool, thanks. Got just what he was after.

Related to Photoshop: Add Metadata w/Older Lenses

1. What is metadata in Photoshop?

Metadata in Photoshop refers to the information embedded in an image file that contains information about the image, such as camera settings, date and time taken, and location. It can also include information about the lens used to capture the image.

2. Can I add metadata to images taken with older lenses?

Yes, you can add metadata to images taken with older lenses in Photoshop. You can manually enter the information or use a third-party software to extract the metadata from the image file.

3. Why is it important to add metadata to images?

Adding metadata to images is important because it helps organize and categorize your images. It also provides valuable information about the image that can be useful for future reference or for others who may use the image.

4. How do I add metadata to images in Photoshop?

To add metadata to images in Photoshop, go to File > File Info. A dialog box will appear where you can enter the information for the image, including lens data. Once you have entered the information, click "OK" to save the changes.

5. Is it necessary to add metadata to all my images?

No, it is not necessary to add metadata to all your images. However, it is recommended to add metadata to important or professional images to keep them organized and provide valuable information about them.