Physics Project Ideas for High School Student

In summary, for a high school level final project in physics, the student must construct an experiment yielding quantitative data that can be analyzed through equations or trends. They are seeking ideas for a project that will allow them to discuss and critique their work, preferably under $100. After searching for over a week, including scanning online threads, the student is looking for solid project ideas and assistance. They have found an article on successful science projects and are open to corresponding via email for further guidance.
TheJ1
For the final project I do at a high school level, we are required to construct an experiment regarding any topic of physics. The experiment should yield quantitative data which can then be analysed through equations or trends. Essentially, I need to be able to discuss and critique the work.

So, I need a project which can allow me to do this. Currently, my best idea is constructing super capacitors and then analyzing them. However, I want to see if there are any other ideas that I have yet to see.

I have looked for over a week, including scanning some threads here. Additionally, the project should not be too expensive (<$100 ideally, though it can stretch).

Has anyone got any solid ideas which I could potentially do? Any help or projects will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Likes berkeman

1. What are some easy physics project ideas for high school students?

Some easy physics project ideas for high school students include creating a homemade electromagnet, building a simple pendulum, or constructing a potato battery.

2. What are some high school level physics project ideas for advanced students?

For advanced high school students, some physics project ideas include designing and conducting experiments to investigate the effects of air resistance or studying the principles of thermodynamics through a homemade steam engine.

3. How can I make my physics project stand out?

To make your physics project stand out, you can choose a unique topic or approach, use creative and eye-catching visuals or demonstrations, and clearly explain the scientific principles behind your project.

4. What are some resources for finding physics project ideas for high school students?

Some resources for finding physics project ideas for high school students include science fair websites, physics textbooks, and online science forums and communities.

5. How can I ensure my physics project is safe for high school students to conduct?

To ensure the safety of your physics project for high school students, always follow proper lab safety protocols and guidelines, use appropriate materials and equipment, and seek guidance from a teacher or scientific expert if necessary.