Plot the contact pressure vs axe x (mm) in ansys workbench

Overall, it seems like you need to review the ANSYS documentation or get help from a professor or TA. In summary, the individual is seeking help with plotting the contact pressure vs. x-axis in ANSYS Workbench for a wheel-rail contact simulation and is looking for input on how to set it up correctly. They have tried to create a simple model but have not been successful and are seeking further assistance.
latifa
thanks for you sir
i want to se how can i plot the contact pressure vs axe x (mm) in ansys workbench.?
its very important for me

Engineering news on Phys.org
latifa said:
thanks for you sir
i want to se how can i plot the contact pressure vs axe x (mm) in ansys workbench.?
its very important for me
Welcome to the PF. :smile:

So when you look at all of the ANSYS example projects online, which ones come close to matching what you want to do? What simulations have you done already in ANSYS? Can you post some of your previous work? Is this for your schoolwork?

berkeman said:
Welcome to the PF. :smile:
Thank you mr berkman
I tried to make a simple wheel eail contact in static And I can not plot the graph of the distribution of the conctact pressure in the contact area with ansys workbench. Even with apdl

Ansys Workbench is able to easily plot contact stress on a contact condition, but it has to be set up correctly in the first place.

I recommend giving us more specific information about your model (including boundary conditions and pictures) if you want us to give quality feedback.

1. What is the purpose of plotting contact pressure vs axe x in Ansys Workbench?

The purpose of plotting contact pressure vs axe x in Ansys Workbench is to analyze and visualize the distribution of contact pressure along the x-axis in a specific area of a model. This can help identify areas of high or low pressure, which can be important in determining the structural integrity and performance of a design.

2. How do I plot contact pressure vs axe x in Ansys Workbench?

To plot contact pressure vs axe x in Ansys Workbench, you will need to first set up and run a simulation on your model. Then, navigate to the "Solution" tab and select "Insert > Chart". Choose "Contact Tool > Contact Pressure vs Axe X" as the chart type and click "OK". The resulting graph will display the contact pressure along the x-axis.

3. Can I customize the contact pressure plot in Ansys Workbench?

Yes, you can customize the contact pressure plot in Ansys Workbench by adjusting the settings in the "Chart Details" window. You can change the color, line style, and other properties of the plot to make it easier to interpret and analyze the data.

4. What does the shape of the contact pressure plot indicate?

The shape of the contact pressure plot in Ansys Workbench can indicate the distribution of contact pressure along the x-axis. A steep slope or peak in the plot may indicate a high concentration of pressure at that point, while a flat or gradual slope may indicate a more uniform distribution.

5. How can I use the contact pressure plot to improve my design?

The contact pressure plot in Ansys Workbench can provide valuable insights into the performance of your design. By identifying areas of high or low pressure, you can make design modifications to improve the overall structural integrity and optimize the performance of your model.