Plot won't show up in Mathematica

In summary, there can be several reasons why your plot is not showing up in Mathematica, including incorrect syntax in your code, errors in your data, or issues with your plot settings. To troubleshoot this issue, check for errors in your code and data, adjust plot settings, and consult online resources if needed. If only part of your plot is visible, it may be due to plot range settings. To save your plot, you can use the "Export" function or "Save Selection As" option. If your plot is not updating, check your use of the "Dynamic" function and manually refresh the plot if necessary.
Victini11
Homework Statement
My plot is not working, for some reason when I try to plot it it show nothing. I am not really used to using mathematica so maybe it's an syntax error but can really get what is wrong
Relevant Equations
Plot3D [(1.5/
1)*(2/1 +
n2)^2*((2*n1)/(n1 +
1.5))^2/(1 + ((n1 - 1.5)/(n1 + 1.5))^2 ((n1 + 1)/(1.5 +
1))^2 -
2*((n1 - 1.5)/(n1 + 1.5)*((n1 + 1)/(1.5 + 1)))*
Cos*(4*Pi*d*n1)), {n1, 1, 1.5}, {d, 100, 1000}]
IMG_20220614_144451.jpg
IMG_20220614_201740.jpg
1655255981668.png

Physics news on Phys.org
Code:
Plot3D [(1.5/
1)*(2/1 +
n2)^2*((2*n1)/(n1 +
1.5))^2/(1 + ((n1 - 1.5)/(n1 + 1.5))^2 ((n1 + 1)/(1.5 +
1))^2 -
2*((n1 - 1.5)/(n1 + 1.5)*((n1 + 1)/(1.5 + 1)))*
Cos*(4*Pi*d*n1)), {n1, 1, 1.5}, {d, 100, 1000}]
The is a n2 in there and the cosine should be
Code:
Cos[4*Pi*d*n1]

1. Why is my plot not showing up in Mathematica?

There could be several reasons for this. Firstly, make sure that you have entered all the necessary commands correctly and have not made any syntax errors. Additionally, check that you have specified the correct plot range and have provided the correct data for the plot. It is also possible that your plot is being overlapped by other graphics or is being hidden by a different plot. Finally, check that your plot is not being suppressed by any options or settings in Mathematica.

2. How do I troubleshoot when my plot won't appear in Mathematica?

Start by checking your code for any errors or missing information. You can also try using the Plot function with different options and settings to see if that resolves the issue. If your plot is still not showing up, try restarting Mathematica or updating to the latest version. If none of these solutions work, it could be a problem with your computer's graphics card or memory, in which case you may need to seek technical support.

3. Why is my plot showing up as a blank white space in Mathematica?

This could be due to a number of reasons. One possibility is that your plot range is too small or not specified at all, causing the plot to appear as a blank space. Another reason could be that your plot function is not defined properly, or the data you are trying to plot is not in the correct format. It is also possible that your plot is being hidden by other graphics or is being suppressed by options or settings in Mathematica.

4. How can I make my plot appear in a specific location in Mathematica?

You can use the PlotRange option to specify the location of your plot in Mathematica. This option allows you to set the x and y coordinates of the lower left and upper right corners of your plot. You can also use the PlotLabel option to add a label to your plot, which can help you identify its location. Additionally, you can use the GraphicsGrid function to arrange multiple plots in a specific layout.

5. Is there a way to save my plot in Mathematica?

Yes, there are several ways to save your plot in Mathematica. You can use the Export function to save your plot as an image file, such as PNG or JPEG. You can also use the Save function to save your plot as a Mathematica notebook file. Additionally, you can use the Copy As function to copy your plot as an image or as a vector graphic, which you can then paste into other applications.