Problem with internet explorer

• Thread starter hazim
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Internet
In summary, the speakers discussed experiencing multiple pop-up windows while using Internet Explorer and potential solutions for dealing with it, including updating anti-virus software, using Spybot for removal, and switching to a different browser like Firefox.
hazim
Hi...
sometimes while I'm using the internet with Internet Explorer browser, suddenlly internet explorer windows opens one after the other and rapidly without stopping..tens of windows open and more till I stop all of that from task manager and ending iexplorer.exe process! any information about that? any help?!

Computer science news on Phys.org
I experienced that once. Turned out to be some sort of virus or worm that I had to get rid of. Try updating your anti-virus software and then scanning your PC.

Yep. That's a virus.

Spybot identifies one as Smitfraud_c (not sure about spelling) they have a complicated process for removing it:frown:
Mine was so bad that i wiped the drive and had to reload windows. But then I'm not very good at software.:redface:

Simple answer, Firefox! Soooooo much better. And virus protection.

What are the common issues with Internet Explorer?

Some common issues with Internet Explorer include slow performance, frequent crashes, and compatibility issues with certain websites or applications.

Why does Internet Explorer often freeze or crash?

Internet Explorer may freeze or crash due to reasons such as outdated software, conflicting add-ons or extensions, or corrupted system files.

How can I fix compatibility issues with Internet Explorer?

To fix compatibility issues with Internet Explorer, you can try using the compatibility mode feature, updating to the latest version of the browser, or using a different browser altogether.

What are some ways to improve the performance of Internet Explorer?

Some ways to improve the performance of Internet Explorer include clearing the cache and cookies, disabling unnecessary add-ons or extensions, and ensuring that your computer has enough memory and processing power.

Is Internet Explorer a secure browser?

Internet Explorer has had a history of security vulnerabilities, so it is recommended to use the latest version and keep it updated with security patches. However, like any other browser, it is still important to practice safe browsing habits to protect your personal information.