Problem with nod voltage analysis se the picture

In summary, the person seeking the thevenins voltage sought help from someone, but got a different answer than what they were expecting. They found an error in their equation and needed someone to help them fix it.
TheNaturalStep
Please watch the picture
http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/8170/problem1yf5.jpg

I am very thankfull toward any help given :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I think it's just a math error. I agree with your equation for V2, but get a different result when I multiply it all out.

berkeman said:
I think it's just a math error. I agree with your equation for V2, but get a different result when I multiply it all out.

It should be 45 V; it is the thevenins voltage i am seeking ...

Anyone? :(

TheNaturalStep said:
It should be 45 V; it is the thevenins voltage i am seeking ...

I have no idea what that means. In your figure, you say that you want to solve for V2. You then use the node voltage (KCL) method correctly to derive an equation for V2. The only problem is that you made a simple algebra/math error in solving for the value of V2. It is not 54V and it is not 45V. Just do the math at the end more carefully, and you'll get a correct value for V2.

berkeman said:
I have no idea what that means. In your figure, you say that you want to solve for V2. You then use the node voltage (KCL) method correctly to derive an equation for V2. The only problem is that you made a simple algebra/math error in solving for the value of V2. It is not 54V and it is not 45V. Just do the math at the end more carefully, and you'll get a correct value for V2.

I know it is V2 67,2 but i am seeking teh thevenins voltage, and shouldn't that be 67,2?

:confused:

You are my life line guys, but if you don't know it is ok i guess :( ...

I just so need that peace of informationAbout 45V that is the teacher answer ...

Bump bump bump

1. What is nodal voltage analysis?

Nodal voltage analysis is a method used to analyze electrical circuits and determine the voltage at each node or connection point in the circuit. It involves using Kirchhoff's Current Law (KCL) and Ohm's Law to solve for the unknown voltages.

2. What is the purpose of nodal voltage analysis?

The purpose of nodal voltage analysis is to determine the voltages at each node in a circuit. This information is important for understanding the behavior and performance of the circuit, and can help in troubleshooting and designing new circuits.

3. How is nodal voltage analysis different from other circuit analysis methods?

Nodal voltage analysis is different from other methods, such as mesh analysis, in that it directly solves for the unknown voltages at each node rather than using currents or loop currents. It is also typically used for more complex circuits with multiple voltage sources and dependent sources.

4. What are the steps involved in nodal voltage analysis?

The steps for nodal voltage analysis are as follows: 1) Identify all the nodes in the circuit, 2) Select a reference node and assign it a voltage of 0, 3) Write KCL equations for each node, 4) Solve the equations using algebra, and 5) Check the solution to ensure it satisfies all the equations and follows the assumed current directions.

5. What are the limitations of nodal voltage analysis?

Nodal voltage analysis may not be suitable for circuits with non-linear elements, such as diodes or transistors. It also assumes that all nodes are connected, so it may not work for incomplete circuits. Additionally, it can become more complex and time-consuming for circuits with a large number of nodes.