Pspice Capture Lite: Ext. Library & Voltage/Curr. Dependent Source

In summary, a student installed Pspice Capture Lite from their EE book's CD but found that the library was not comprehensive enough. They are looking for an extended library and also need help with adding a voltage/current dependent source to their circuit. A suggestion was given to try a free spice simulator with schematic capture from Linear's website, which has been successfully used for multiple projects. Other spice tools also have elements for voltage and current sources.
Cyrus
I installed Pspice Capture Lite from my student cd that came with my EE book, but the only things in the library are what I DON'T need! :cry: It has no analog voltage or current source!? Does anyone have or know where I can download an extended library of parts? Also, can anyone tell me how to a voltage/current dependent source into a circuit?

Thanks,

Cyrus

Engineering news on Phys.org
In case you're interested, there's a free spice simulator with schematic capture available at the website of Linear:

http://www.linear.com/company/software.jsp

It is presented as a tool to simulate their components, but it is in fact a fully working spice simulator. I got the tip from a consultant that did a job for us and I asked him if he knew of a good free spice simulator, and he referred me to that place. I used it in the mean time for several projects, with imported spice models from other vendors, and it works great.

Last edited by a moderator:
Most spice tools have elements called VSRC and ISRC that are voltage and current sources, respectively.

- Warren

You've got to add all the libraries in the parts window

1. What is Pspice Capture Lite?

Pspice Capture Lite is a software tool used for circuit simulation and analysis. It is part of the OrCAD design suite and is commonly used by scientists and engineers to design and test electronic circuits.

2. What does the "Ext. Library" feature in Pspice Capture Lite do?

The "Ext. Library" feature in Pspice Capture Lite allows users to import and use external models and components in their circuit simulations. This can be useful for incorporating specific components or models that are not already included in the Pspice library.

3. How do I add a voltage or current dependent source in Pspice Capture Lite?

To add a voltage or current dependent source in Pspice Capture Lite, you can use the built-in component wizard or manually add the source using the appropriate syntax in the netlist. The component wizard allows you to select the type of dependent source and specify the parameters, while the netlist method requires knowledge of Pspice syntax.

4. Can I simulate and analyze circuits with non-linear components in Pspice Capture Lite?

Yes, Pspice Capture Lite supports simulation and analysis of circuits with non-linear components. It uses the Pspice simulator to calculate the behavior of non-linear components, which can be useful for modeling complex circuits.

5. Is Pspice Capture Lite suitable for beginners in circuit simulation?

Pspice Capture Lite can be used by beginners, but it does require some basic understanding of circuit analysis and simulation. It has a user-friendly interface and provides helpful tutorials and guides, making it a good choice for those new to circuit simulation. However, it may be more suitable for intermediate or advanced users who require more advanced features and capabilities.