Quantitative reasoning problem

Chijioke
New poster has been reminded to show their work when posting schoolwork type questions
Homework Statement
Study the examples and use it to find the missing numbers.
Relevant Equations
If the relationship in the examples can be deduced, looking for the missing numbers would not be a problem.
IMG_20231104_112510.jpg

Physics news on Phys.org
You can find a construction rule for any number. There are no unambiguous answers. Example:

1699189441157.png

Answer: ##87##
Reason: ##.\overline{1}^{-2}+3!=87##

Likes e_jane and jim mcnamara
fresh_42 said:
You can find a construction rule for any number. There are no unambiguous answers. Example:

View attachment 334861

Answer: ##87##
Reason: ##.\overline{1}^{-2}+3!=87##
I don't understand.

Likes PeroK
Chijioke said:
I don't understand.
I gave you an example how to produce the number ##87## by a construction rule that only used the three numbers ##\{1,2,3\}.## Isn't that absurd? You can create a lot of numbers from three given ones.

There is either an explanation about that specific arrangement with four numbers that you haven't told us or it is a worthless and meaningless exercise. You could write down any number in the empty fields and construct a rule afterward.

It has to be the same one rule for the three examples on top, I guess. Then the same rule should be applied in the other twelve.

Hill said:
It has to be the same one rule for the three examples on top, I guess. Then the same rule should be applied in the other twelve.
Before we keep guessing, and with respect to the fact that the OP didn't try to help himself or us, I will close this thread.

Likes e_jane and topsquark

What is quantitative reasoning problem?

Quantitative reasoning problem involves using mathematical and logical skills to analyze and solve real-world problems. It often requires interpreting data, making calculations, and drawing conclusions based on numerical information.

Why is quantitative reasoning important?

Quantitative reasoning is important because it helps individuals develop critical thinking skills, make informed decisions, and solve complex problems in various fields such as science, engineering, economics, and business.

How can I improve my quantitative reasoning skills?

You can improve your quantitative reasoning skills by practicing regularly, working on challenging problems, seeking help from tutors or mentors, and using resources such as textbooks, online tutorials, and practice tests.

What are some common types of quantitative reasoning problems?

Common types of quantitative reasoning problems include data interpretation, statistical analysis, probability calculations, algebraic equations, and geometric reasoning. These problems can vary in complexity and may require different approaches to solve.

How can quantitative reasoning be applied in everyday life?

Quantitative reasoning can be applied in everyday life to make informed decisions about finances, health, and other aspects of daily living. It can help individuals analyze data, compare options, and solve problems efficiently and effectively.