Question about plastic bags and humidity

In summary: Please provide a link to this information.-1- If the plastic bags aren't wet when you put them in the box, they will not become wet (they don't sweat).-2- CD/DVDs are MSL-1, so are not harmed by humidity.
gamer87
What material is the plastic market bag made of?

does this material retain (hold) moisture in the bag and everything in the bag or around the bag becomes damp?

i put some bags inside a cardboard box and inside the cardboard box i also put dvd cases and i am worried if the bags will hold moisture inside the cardboard box and pass moisture to the discs?

16569288_1GG.jpg

Chemistry news on Phys.org
gamer87 said:
i put some bags inside a cardboard box and inside the cardboard box i also put dvd cases and i am worried if the bags will hold moisture inside the cardboard box and pass moisture to the discs?
-1- If the plastic bags aren't wet when you put them in the box, they will not become wet (they don't sweat).

-2- CD/DVDs are MSL-1, so are not harmed by humidity.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moisture_sensitivity_level

berkeman said:
-1- If the plastic bags aren't wet when you put them in the box, they will not become wet (they don't sweat).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moisture_sensitivity_level

the bags are not wet but i put them inside the cardboard box, the plastic bag and the cardboard box retain (safe) moisture and they sweat? inside the cardboard box I'm also storing dvd cases with discs and yes dvd discs your data storage is impaired by humidity manufacturers say so

I need to know the materials of the cardboard box and plastic bag and their properties and behavior with the humidity of the air

gamer87 said:
and yes dvd discs your data storage is impaired by humidity manufacturers say so
Link?

If you need to keep them dry, that's pretty easy to do, BTW. Just use sealed (plastic) bags like Ziploc brand and include a dessicant pack in each bag.

https://www.armorvci.com/wp-content/uploads/D4UCT-D.jpg

1609424073521.png

I used silica but I don’t use it anymore because it saturates fast the box is not airtight and all the ziplocks I bought are not airtight the silica gel saturates inside them

gamer87 said:
I don't have vacuum equipment they are very expensive
No it's not. There are inexpensive versions used for storing food items. Just use Google to find them.
berkeman said:
gamer87 said:
i'm also storing dvd cases with discs and yes dvd discs your data storage is impaired by humidity manufacturers say so
I already asked you once for a link to this information. Please provide that or your thread is at risk of being closed. Thank you.

cardboard box absorbs moisture and will it sweat moisture?

plastic bag holds moisture and it will also sweat moisture inside the cardboard box?

if this occurs is it bad for the storage of the disks that are inside the box?

gamer87 said:
cardboard box absorbs moisture and will it sweat moisture?

plastic bag holds moisture and it will also sweat moisture inside the cardboard box?

if this occurs is it bad for the storage of the disks that are inside the box?
As I already said, without links from you, the thread is closed.

Likes russ_watters

1. How does humidity affect plastic bags?

Humidity can cause plastic bags to become weaker and more prone to tearing. This is because the moisture in the air can seep into the plastic and weaken its structure.

2. Can plastic bags withstand high humidity levels?

It depends on the type of plastic used to make the bags. Some plastics, like polyethylene, are more resistant to humidity and can withstand high levels without significant damage. However, other types of plastic may become brittle or disintegrate in high humidity.

3. Are there any benefits to storing plastic bags in a humid environment?

In general, it is not recommended to store plastic bags in a humid environment as it can cause them to deteriorate. However, some plastic bags, such as biodegradable ones, may require a certain level of humidity to break down properly.

4. How can I protect plastic bags from humidity?

The best way to protect plastic bags from humidity is to store them in a cool, dry place. This will help prevent moisture from seeping into the bags and causing damage. Additionally, using airtight containers or bags can also help keep the humidity levels low.

5. Is there a way to make plastic bags more resistant to humidity?

Some manufacturers may add additives to plastic bags to make them more resistant to humidity. These additives can help prevent moisture from penetrating the plastic and causing damage. However, the best way to ensure the longevity of plastic bags in humid environments is to store them properly.