Question: is there a misprint?

• Thread starter saraaaahhhhhh
  • Start date
  • Tags
    misprint
In summary, the conversation discusses a potential misprint in a definition of a differentiable complex function on page 56 of a book on introductory complex analysis. The individual is confused about whether the bottom of the quotient should be 'h' instead of 'z' and is seeking clarification on this issue. They are unsure if they are misinterpreting the definition and are asking for help in understanding it better. The response confirms that there is indeed a misprint and that it is corrected later on in the page.
saraaaahhhhhh
This isn't a homework question; I'm sorry if I'm mis-posting, but I thought someone here could help.

See this link:
http://books.google.com/books?id=1Q...=intro+complex+analysis&lr=&as_brr=3#PPA56,M1

On page 56, does this book have a misprint in the definition of a differentiable complex function? On 5.1? Shouldn't the bottom of the quotient be 'h' instead of 'z'? I'm probably misreading or something. But I'm confused at why h is at the bottom of the quotient further down the page.

I don't know, maybe I'm being silly and there's something right there that I'm missing? Please help me out, thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
Yes this is a misprint.

It looks corrected when they use it towards the bottom of the page.

1. What is a misprint?

A misprint is an error or mistake in printed text, such as a misspelled word, incorrect punctuation, or a missing word or letter.

2. How do misprints occur?

Misprints can occur during the printing process due to human error, mechanical malfunctions, or incorrect formatting. They can also occur if the original document or text contains errors that were not caught during proofreading.

3. Can misprints be corrected?

Yes, misprints can be corrected by reprinting the document or making corrections on the original document before printing. In some cases, the misprint may be minor enough to be left as is.

4. How can I avoid misprints?

To avoid misprints, it is important to carefully proofread any document before printing. Double-check spelling and grammar, and also check for formatting errors. Using a spell checker and having someone else review the document can also help prevent misprints.

5. Are misprints common?

Misprints can occur in any printed material, but they are not extremely common. Many printing companies have quality control measures in place to catch and correct misprints before the final product is produced. However, some misprints may still slip through the cracks.