Recommendation on a Circuit Simulator Software

In summary, the conversation discusses the need for a basic circuit simulator, with the suggestion of Quite Universal Circuit simulator and Crocodile Technology. However, the speaker mentions that Crocodile Technology is limited in its use due to licensing. Other suggestions include PSPICE, LTspice, and LTSPICE IV, with the latter being praised for its free, fast, and customizable features. The speaker also expresses a desire for a simulator that allows for visual representation, similar to Yenka, for basic simulations such as an LED lighting up.
LtIvan
All I need is a basic circuit simulator.
I've got the Quite Universal Circuit simulator.
It works fine as a schematic designer but not as a simulator.
I want something similar to Crocodile Technology.
I have used Crocodile Technology on Yenka but I don't like how you can only use it in afternoons because of the license.

Any input is helpful.
Thanks

Engineering news on Phys.org
I've used PSPICE for classes and labs and thought it worked well. The Lite version is free from OrCAD's website. I've also heard LTspice is good. That's also free I believe.

LTSPICE IV. It is free, it is fast, the libraries are small. But you can easily add your own SPICE models or spice models from other vendors. There's also an active community for LTSPICE.cheers
Dave

Likes CalcNerd
LTSPICE:
It's little hard to follow with the simulation. Is there not something like Yenka where for example the LED lights up in the simulation. I'm only looking for something really basic.

What is a circuit simulator software?

A circuit simulator software is a computer program that allows users to create, analyze, and simulate electronic circuits. It is used by scientists and engineers to design and test circuits before physically building them.

How does a circuit simulator software work?

A circuit simulator software works by using mathematical models to simulate the behavior of electronic components and their interactions within a circuit. It takes into account factors such as voltage, current, and resistance to accurately predict how a circuit will behave.

What are the benefits of using a circuit simulator software?

Using a circuit simulator software can save time and resources by allowing users to test and troubleshoot circuits virtually before physically building them. It also allows for quick and easy modifications to the circuit design, and provides detailed analysis of circuit performance.

What features should I look for in a circuit simulator software?

When choosing a circuit simulator software, it is important to look for features such as an intuitive user interface, a wide range of electronic components and models, accurate simulation results, and the ability to export circuit designs to other programs or formats.

What are some popular circuit simulator software options?

Some popular circuit simulator software options include LTspice, TINA-TI, Multisim, and CircuitLab. It is important to research and compare different options to find the best fit for your specific needs and budget.