Resources/sites for online courses

In summary, the conversation discusses the speaker's desire to find online courses at the university level in subjects such as physics, mathematics, chemistry, computer science, and biology. They mention their struggles with concentration and suggest starting with one topic and using online resources such as MIT Open Courseware and YouTube. The conversation also touches on the idea of focusing on one subject rather than trying to learn everything at once.
RaamGeneral
Hello. I'm looking for a list of resources or sites that offer online courses especially at university level, of course also paid. The subjects I'm interested in are, among others, physics, mathematics, chemistry, computer science, biology, ... Let's say I want to make good use of my free time: I've still got an appetite for learning even though for some years I'm having some problems with concentration. I couldn't continue university and I have big trouble studying books.

So I know it's a bit contradictory. It's not like I expect to master the topics and being able to solve most problems.

Likes vanhees71
Physics news on Phys.org
A bit of unsolicited advice:
Why don't you think smaller. Find one thing that you really want to understand and work outward from there using all the WEB resources available. Knowing a little bit about something puts you well ahead of the curve. Knowing nothing about everything does not.
Personally I am a fan of MIT Open Courseware and YouTube (carefully applied)

Likes vanhees71
RaamGeneral said:
I'm having some problems with concentration. I couldn't continue university and I have big trouble studying books.
Perhaps you need the excitement of exploration to maintain your concentration, a bit like the sufferers of ADHD.

Likes malawi_glenn, Falgun, hutchphd and 1 other person

1. What are some reputable resources or sites for online courses?

Some reputable resources or sites for online courses include Coursera, edX, Udemy, Khan Academy, and Skillshare. These sites offer a wide range of courses from top universities and experts in various fields.

2. Are there any free resources or sites for online courses?

Yes, there are many free resources or sites for online courses. Some examples include Coursera, edX, Khan Academy, and MIT OpenCourseWare. These sites offer a variety of courses for free, but may also offer paid options for additional features or certifications.

3. How do I know if a resource or site for online courses is legitimate?

To determine if a resource or site for online courses is legitimate, you can research the organization or institution behind the courses, read reviews from previous students, and check for any accreditation or partnerships with reputable universities or organizations.

4. Can I earn a degree or certification from online courses?

Yes, some online courses offer the option to earn a degree or certification. However, it is important to research the credibility and recognition of the degree or certification before enrolling in the course.

5. Are there any resources or sites specifically for online courses in a certain subject?

Yes, there are many resources or sites specifically for online courses in certain subjects. For example, Codecademy and Udacity offer courses for coding and programming, while MasterClass offers courses for creative and artistic skills. It is best to research and compare different sites to find the most suitable one for your desired subject.