Rotating Fitting for 70 PSI Air Supply at 30000 RPM

• Thread starter DOUGALS69
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Sealing
In summary, a rotating fitting is a type of connection that allows for the transfer of air or other fluids between two rotating components. It can handle different pressures and speeds depending on its design and materials, and can be used for various types of fluids. Proper installation and maintenance is crucial for its performance and safety precautions should be followed when using a rotating fitting.
DOUGALS69
I am currently looking to push air through a middle hole in a 60mm dia shaft traveling at 30000 Rpm, the pressure i require is 70 PSI. I am looking for a rotating fitting that can be threaded into the end so the air supply can be attached. Can someone point me in the right direction or tell me if this is possible please? I know its a liitle vague but any help would be much appreciated.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Consider a labyrinth seal.

1. How does a rotating fitting work?

A rotating fitting is a type of connection that allows for the transfer of air or other fluids between two rotating components. It typically consists of a stationary inlet and an outlet that rotates with the attached component, allowing for a continuous flow of air or fluid.

2. What is the maximum pressure and speed that a rotating fitting can handle?

The maximum pressure and speed that a rotating fitting can handle depends on its design and materials. In the case of a rotating fitting for 70 PSI air supply at 30000 RPM, it is specifically designed to withstand those conditions without leaking or failing.

3. Can a rotating fitting be used for other types of fluids besides air?

Yes, rotating fittings can be used for a variety of fluids, including liquids and gases. However, the design and materials may need to be adjusted depending on the specific properties and pressures of the fluid being transferred.

4. How important is it to properly install and maintain a rotating fitting?

Proper installation and maintenance of a rotating fitting is crucial for ensuring its performance and longevity. It is important to follow manufacturer instructions and regularly check for any wear or damage that may affect its function.

5. Are there any safety precautions to consider when using a rotating fitting?

Yes, it is important to follow all safety precautions when using a rotating fitting, as it involves pressurized air or fluid. This may include wearing protective gear and ensuring the fitting is properly secured and maintained to avoid any accidents or injuries.