Schematic for TV ITT LED 32H-7175-B

In summary, where can i find schematic for my tv: ITT LED 32H-7175-B?The schematics for many TVs used to be available for purchase as "Sam's Photo Facts" manuals, but TV manufacturers seem to not be publishing their Repair Manuals through Sam's much anymore. You could try contacting the manufacturer's Customer Support folks to see if they make Repair Manuals available for purchase. More likely, they will refer you to a licensed repair facility near you.
tinko
Where can i find schematic for my tv: ITT LED 32H-7175-B?

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF. :smile:

It looks like the User Manual is easy to find and download, but so far I'm not seeing the schematics or Repair Manual in my Google searching. The schematics for many TVs used to be available for purchase as "Sam's Photo Facts" manuals, but TV manufacturers seem to not be publishing their Repair Manuals through Sam's much anymore.

https://www.samswebsite.com/

You could try contacting the manufacturer's Customer Support folks to see if they make Repair Manuals available for purchase. More likely, they will refer you to a licensed repair facility near you.

tinko said:
Where can i find schematic for my tv: ITT LED 32H-7175-B?
Welcome to my (hobby) world.

By all means try to find the schematic, but don’t get your hopes up. Why not post a detailed fault description and pictures here? The likes of @Tom G and @jim hardy have helped me many times in the past.

Establish the circumstances of the fault, and write down (literally) what works and what doesn’t. Try to isolate the fault to a main area:
1. Power supply board
2. Control board
3. Screen and ancillaries

Then swoop in and examine the offending area closely. Remember: more is missed by not looking, than by not knowing. Get your multimeter out and focus on the hard-working components (regulators, MOSFETs) and those prone to fail from heat (capacitors). Check voltages on the main rails.

Etc.

Looking forward to hearing more on this...

Always check power supply first.
Modern TV's rectify incoming line to probably around 300 volts
That high voltage drives switching supplies for 5, 12 , and whatever the screen needs.

Daughter's Vizio TV despite presence of rectified line voltage suffered "No Sound No Picture Syndrome ".
Just by looking i found a line labelled "PSON" , probably shorthand for "Power Supply On".
It read zero volts.
Driving it high with a multimeter set for 'ohms' made the screen light up.
Tracing that line back to its origin, found its source was a little IC with maybe 40 pins on the main computer board.
So we decided to risk ninety bucks on a new main board.
That fixed it.

You are at the mercy of manufacturers' service organizations who don't like to see consumers fixing their own stuff.
I was told exactly that by LG's service department ,
so when appliance shopping i avoid LG brand .

Anyhow - good luck.
Your best bet is to try and encircle the problem then tighten the circle to something you can replace easily.

Last edited:
Likes dlgoff, CWatters and Guineafowl
Post photos. Maybe somebody has seen one similar ?

Power supply boards are usually pretty well marked and it's pretty easy to check for voltage. Often it's just filter capacitors. Look for ones with tops bulged out .

Youtube comes in handy.

Likes CWatters
+1 I'm amazed how few electronic engineers know that the lifetime of some capacitors can be drastically affected by heat. It's not hard to accidentally make something that has a life expectancy less than the warranty. Not a great way to make money.

jim hardy said:
You are at the mercy of manufacturers' service organizations who don't like to see consumers fixing their own stuff.
I was told exactly that by LG's service department ,
so when appliance shopping i avoid LG brand .
I think all companies take this approach.

Averagesupernova said:
I think all companies take this approach.
Sears has a lively replacement parts business with diagrams and parts lists online.
Except for the stuff sold as "Kenmore" that's made by LG .

Appliances I try to stick with Whirlpool (aka Amana Jenn-Air and a lot of Sears models) just because of parts availability.
I do have to admit though - EBAY identified the condenser fan for my friend's LG fridge and had it to his front door in two days..

Televisions are now so computerized that aside from an obvious power supply problem, troubleshooting down to a board is the best i can do.
My only digital one is a ten year old Sony that's been trouble free.
As i said, my kids had a Vizio so big for its day i joked about their "Drive In Movie TV". It's still going five years after that board replacement i described up above.

Check the obvious things because in the process of locating test points you'll become familiar with the layout and notice cryptic signal names labelled on the boards.

There are DIY forums for TV repair , i got clues there on that giant Vizio. Searching on a board part number will take you to some.
I noticed many sellers on EBAY seemed to use the same image for their replacement boards. That suggested to me they're reselling somebody else's boards. Persistence paid off, i found a shop in Atlanta that specializes in replacement TV boards . The folks there were knowledgeable, friendly, and about half the EBAY price.

DIY 'ers are sort of irrational in a way . We'll expend ridiculous effort for the satisfaction of 'exorcising' some old machine. See @dlgoff 's signature and his thread "Beauty of old electrical things..."
'Tis a fine madness indeed.. we're never bored.

old jim

Last edited:
Likes dlgoff and anorlunda

What is a Schematic for TV ITT LED 32H-7175-B?

A schematic for TV ITT LED 32H-7175-B is a visual representation of the electronic circuitry and components of the TV model ITT LED 32H-7175-B. It shows the connections and functions of each part, allowing technicians and engineers to troubleshoot and repair any issues.

Why is a Schematic for TV ITT LED 32H-7175-B important?

A schematic is important because it provides a detailed and accurate diagram of the TV's electrical system. This allows technicians to easily identify and fix any problems, saving time and money on repairs.

Where can I obtain a Schematic for TV ITT LED 32H-7175-B?

You can obtain a schematic for TV ITT LED 32H-7175-B from the manufacturer, ITT Corporation, or from online sources such as technical forums and websites. It may also be included in the TV's user manual or service manual.

How do I read a Schematic for TV ITT LED 32H-7175-B?

To read a schematic, you will need to understand the symbols and notations used to represent different electronic components and connections. You can refer to the legend or key provided on the schematic or do some research to familiarize yourself with the common symbols used.

Can I use a Schematic for TV ITT LED 32H-7175-B for other TV models?

No, a schematic for TV ITT LED 32H-7175-B is specific to that model and may not be applicable to other TV models. Each TV model has its own unique electronic system and schematics may vary. It is important to use the correct schematic for the specific TV model you are working on.