Secure Your Data: Try Datalock's 60 Day Free Trial

• Thread starter tamaraboyyd
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Data trial
In summary, the person is concerned about the security of their laptop and sensitive information stored on it. A friend suggested trying data encryption and they found a review of Datalock in PC Mag. The question is whether Datalock will prevent data from being accessed over the internet or identity theft. The person also mentions a 60 day free trial on the ZoneAlarm website and asks if it is worth trying. The expert summarizes that encryption makes data unreadable without the key and suggests using safe browsing habits and strong passwords as well. They also mention that their entire home drive is encrypted on their laptop for added security.
tamaraboyyd
I use my computer for everything. All of my uns and pws and class info; even my bills are stored here. I am kinda paranoid about someone taking my laptop, and putting all my data over the internet, or taking my identity and ripping me off. A friend told me I should try data encryption. I found this PC Mag review of Datalock (just Google ‘pc mag datalock’).

Will datalock prevent someone from putting all my data over the internet, or taking my identity and ripping me off?

They got a 60 day free trial, is it worth trying (I hate trials that don’t do anything)?

The trial is on the zonealarm website, just click datalock.

Computer science news on Phys.org

tamaraboyyd said:
Will datalock prevent someone from putting all my data over the internet, or taking my identity and ripping me off?

No. Encryption just makes data unreadable unless you have the key.

The best things you can do to prevent identity theft or data compromise is to use smart browsing habits (i.e. no public WiFi, SSL pages when possible, no banking off of secured connections) and strong passwords.

Encryption would be exactly as fss describes. The advantage is that no matter what happens, even if they take it, they can't read it. So there's no threat to you.

My entire Home drive is encrypted on my laptop. If you don't have my password you can't read it.

Encryption would be exactly as fss describes. The advantage is that no matter what happens, even if they take it, they can't read it. So there's no threat to you.

My entire Home drive is encrypted on my laptop. If you don't have my password you can't read it.

I highly recommend taking precautions to secure your personal data, especially when using your computer for important tasks such as storing passwords, class information, and bills. Data encryption is a great way to protect your information from potential threats like identity theft or unauthorized access to your data. Datalock, as reviewed by PC Mag, seems to be a reliable and effective option for data encryption. However, it is always best to do your own research and make an informed decision before trying out any software. The fact that Datalock offers a 60 day free trial is a great opportunity for you to test its effectiveness and see if it meets your needs. I suggest taking advantage of this trial and trying it out for yourself. It is always better to be safe than sorry when it comes to protecting your personal data.

1. What is Datalock's 60 Day Free Trial?

Datalock's 60 Day Free Trial is a software program designed to help individuals and businesses secure their data by encrypting and protecting their files and folders. It allows users to try out the program for 60 days before making a purchase decision.

2. How does Datalock's 60 Day Free Trial work?

Datalock's 60 Day Free Trial works by encrypting and password protecting your files and folders. This means that only authorized users with the correct password can access the data, ensuring its security and privacy.

3. Is Datalock's 60 Day Free Trial suitable for both personal and business use?

Yes, Datalock's 60 Day Free Trial is suitable for both personal and business use. It offers different features and options for individual users and businesses, making it a versatile and reliable choice for data security.

4. Can I transfer my data from the 60 Day Free Trial to the full version of Datalock?

Yes, you can easily transfer your encrypted data from the 60 Day Free Trial to the full version of Datalock. This ensures a seamless transition and allows you to continue protecting your data without any interruptions.

5. Is Datalock's 60 Day Free Trial compatible with all operating systems?

Datalock's 60 Day Free Trial is compatible with most major operating systems, including Windows, Mac, and Linux. It is important to check the system requirements before downloading to ensure compatibility with your device.