Sensor with wifi output signal

In summary, the conversation discusses the need for a sensor that can detect human motion and the ability to access the output signal through a laptop or mobile phone. The speaker is unsure if such a sensor is available or if they need to build a module using multiple components. They also mention the desire for the sensor to be small and portable. There is also mention of possible limitations of the sensor in differentiating between humans and other objects or animals, as well as the possibility of using wifi for this purpose.
Aymanimo
Hello
I'm designing a project and i need a sensor that can detect human motion.I would like to detect the output signal of this sensor by searching it via laptop or mobile phone as if they are searching for a wifi signal.
I would like to know if such sensor is available or should i build a module for this using several components?I want this sensor to have small dimensions so it should be carried by the user anywhere.

Awaiting a reply.
Many Thanks
Ayman

Engineering news on Phys.org
A sensor to detect humans probably works on the presence of infrared radiation. It might not differentiate between a human and a dog or a fire.

A sensor to detect motion probably takes a photo at intervals, and detects whether a large patch of pixels has changed. It might not differentiate between a human or a horse or a falling tree.

As for wifi, I have no idea. :tongue:

1. What is a sensor with wifi output signal?

A sensor with wifi output signal is a type of sensor that is equipped with a wifi module, allowing it to transmit data wirelessly to a connected device or network. This eliminates the need for physical wires and allows for remote monitoring and control of the sensor.

2. How does a sensor with wifi output signal work?

A sensor with wifi output signal works by collecting data from its surroundings, converting it into an electrical signal, and then transmitting that signal wirelessly via the built-in wifi module. This data can then be accessed and analyzed on a connected device or network.

3. What are the advantages of using a sensor with wifi output signal?

One major advantage of using a sensor with wifi output signal is the ability to remotely monitor and control the sensor. This is especially useful for hard-to-reach or hazardous environments. Additionally, wifi signals have a longer range than traditional wired connections, allowing for more flexibility in sensor placement.

4. What types of sensors can have wifi output signals?

Many different types of sensors can have wifi output signals, including temperature sensors, humidity sensors, motion sensors, and more. As technology advances, more and more types of sensors are being equipped with wifi capabilities.

5. Are there any drawbacks to using a sensor with wifi output signal?

One potential drawback of using a sensor with wifi output signal is the reliance on a stable wifi connection. If the wifi connection is unstable or lost, the sensor may not be able to transmit data properly. Additionally, wifi signals can be susceptible to interference, which may affect the accuracy of the sensor readings.