Setting changed on my Ti-89 Titanium

In summary, the speaker is having trouble with their Ti-89 Titanium calculator as the insert mode has been changed to overwrite mode. They used to be able to add characters without erasing the current one, but now it erases it. The speaker is looking for a way to change it back, and Google suggests using 2nd+backspace to switch between modes. They also mention that the INS key above backspace indicates how to access insert mode.
EmryAnn
I am not sure what I did, but a setting changed on my Ti-89 Titanium. I used to be able to go back to my input line and add new characters like a parenthesis or a missing number. This is one of the big advantages to a ti-89, however, somehow, When I go to insert new characters, they erase the current one infront of the input line. This is a big problem! How do I change it back!??

Computer science news on Phys.org

Like most word processors, the 89 can be put into overwrite instead of insert mode. Google says you can change back and forth by 2nd+backspace. INS appears above backspace to remind you how to get into insert mode (blue to tell you to hit 2nd and then that key).

1. How do I change the settings on my Ti-89 Titanium?

To change the settings on your Ti-89 Titanium, press the "Mode" button on the calculator. This will bring up the mode menu, where you can navigate to the setting you wish to change using the arrow keys. Once you have found the setting, use the "+" and "-" buttons to adjust the value as desired.

2. Why are my settings on my Ti-89 Titanium different from before?

If your settings on your Ti-89 Titanium are different from before, it is likely that you or someone else accidentally changed them. It is also possible that the calculator was reset, which would reset all settings to their default values. You can easily change the settings back to your preferred values by following the steps in the first question.

3. Can I save my settings on my Ti-89 Titanium?

Yes, you can save your settings on your Ti-89 Titanium. To do so, go to the "Mode" menu and navigate to the "Save Settings" option. Press enter and then choose a slot to save your settings to. This will allow you to quickly load your preferred settings in the future.

4. How do I reset the settings on my Ti-89 Titanium to default?

To reset the settings on your Ti-89 Titanium to default, go to the "Mode" menu and navigate to the "Restore Settings" option. Press enter and then select the "Default" option. This will reset all settings to their default values.

5. Why are my settings on my Ti-89 Titanium not changing?

If you are trying to change the settings on your Ti-89 Titanium but they are not changing, it is possible that the calculator is in a locked state. To unlock the calculator, press the "2nd" and "Apps" buttons simultaneously. This will bring up the "Unlocked" message and allow you to make changes to the settings.