Should I use a game engine to make a Tontie clone?

In summary, the conversation is about making a simple Tontie/Whack-a-mole clone on Android Studio and the question of whether to use buttons or a game engine. It is suggested that using a game engine would be more helpful and allow for more complex simulations. However, no specific recommendations are given for which game engine to use.
Darkmisc
TL;DR Summary
I'd like to make a simple Tontie clone. Will I need to use a game engine?
Hi everyone

I'd like to make a simple Tontie/Whack-a-mole clone on Android Studio. I was thinking I could just use buttons and not use any animations.

Could I do this on Android Studio? Or would I be better off learning how to use a game engine? If so, which would you recommend?Thanks

Technology news on Phys.org
Darkmisc said:
TL;DR Summary: I'd like to make a simple Tontie clone. Will I need to use a game engine?

Hi everyone

I'd like to make a simple Tontie/Whack-a-mole clone on Android Studio. I was thinking I could just use buttons and not use any animations.

Could I do this on Android Studio? Or would I be better off learning how to use a game engine? If so, which would you recommend?Thanks
IMHO, a gaming engine would help you a lot. And game engines allow you to make more complicated simulations that you might want to do later. I can not advise on which are the best to use. If you want your game to be on a specific server or environment, that will probably dictate the engine.

Likes Darkmisc

1. Should I use a game engine to make a Tontie clone?

It depends on your specific needs and goals. Using a game engine can save time and effort by providing pre-made tools and features, but it may also limit your customization options.

2. What are the benefits of using a game engine for a Tontie clone?

Game engines often come with built-in physics engines, graphics rendering, and other useful tools that can make the development process smoother and more efficient.

3. Can I use a game engine to make a Tontie clone if I have no coding experience?

Yes, most game engines have user-friendly interfaces and require little to no coding knowledge. However, some programming experience may be helpful for more complex features.

4. Are there any disadvantages to using a game engine for a Tontie clone?

Game engines may have a learning curve and can be expensive, especially for more advanced features. They may also have limitations on the types of games they can create.

5. Is it better to use a game engine or build a Tontie clone from scratch?

It ultimately depends on your personal preference and skill level. Building from scratch can offer more freedom and control, but using a game engine can be more efficient and user-friendly.