Should this person go to the doctor?

• Medical
  • Thread starter alan_longor
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Doctor
In summary, the conversation discusses the behavior of the speaker's brother, who alternates between being happy and hating being a medical student. This has been going on for 3 years and he also experiences fluctuations in his overall mood. The speaker is wondering if this is normal and if the brother should go to the doctor for a check-up. The expert advises that if the brother is truly experiencing periods of depression, he should consult with a doctor. The thread is now closed.
alan_longor
I am not asking for a diagnosis . i am only asking weather the behavior of my brother is normal or if he should go check .

in brief , he alternates ... he is a medical student , one week he is happy about it and he thinks it's not that hard , and the next week he hates it and he thinks it's too hard . the thing is ... he has been like that for 3 years , alternating every other week .

besides , in general he is always like that ... like in some days he wants to go out and have fun and he enjoys life , and in some other days he is depressed ... should he go to the doctor and check ? or is this normal for some people ? ...

Biology news on Phys.org
alan_longor said:
I am not asking for a diagnosis . i am only asking weather the behavior of my brother is normal or if he should go check .

in brief , he alternates ... he is a medical student , one week he is happy about it and he thinks it's not that hard , and the next week he hates it and he thinks it's too hard . the thing is ... he has been like that for 3 years , alternating every other week .

besides , in general he is always like that ... like in some days he wants to go out and have fun and he enjoys life , and in some other days he is depressed ... should he go to the doctor and check ? or is this normal for some people ? ...
If he really is depressed some days, he should talk with his doctor about it. Thread is closed.

1. Should I go to the doctor if I have a fever?

Yes, a fever can be a sign of an underlying infection or illness. It is important to see a doctor to determine the cause of the fever and receive appropriate treatment.

2. Is it necessary to see a doctor for a cough?

It depends on the severity and duration of the cough. If the cough is persistent or accompanied by other symptoms, it is recommended to see a doctor to rule out any underlying conditions.

3. Can I just wait and see if my symptoms improve before going to the doctor?

In some cases, it may be okay to wait and see if symptoms improve. However, if the symptoms persist or worsen, it is important to see a doctor to prevent any potential complications.

4. Do I need to go to the doctor for a minor injury?

Minor injuries can often be treated at home with first aid. However, if the injury is severe or if you have any concerns about the injury, it is best to consult with a doctor for proper care.

5. When should I go to the doctor for a headache?

If you experience frequent or severe headaches, or if the headache is accompanied by other symptoms such as nausea, it is recommended to see a doctor to identify the cause and receive appropriate treatment.