Solubility of Ammonia gas in Dimethyl Sulfoxide

In summary, the solubility of ammonia gas in dimethyl sulfoxide is approximately 20.1 g/L at 25°C and is affected by temperature, pressure, and the concentration of ammonia gas in the solution. Knowing this solubility is important for various industrial and research applications, and it is higher than in most other solvents, including water, butanol, and acetone. The solubility can be increased by increasing pressure or concentration, or by decreasing temperature.
ejnovek
Hi Everyone,

I'm writing a research plan for a college lab and I need the solubility of Ammonium Gas in Dimethyl Sulfoxide at STP and RTP. I've been searching internet and I haven't found anything. Please let me know the solubility or where I can find this information. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank You,

EJ

Chemistry news on Phys.org
Thank You!

1. What is the solubility of ammonia gas in dimethyl sulfoxide?

The solubility of ammonia gas in dimethyl sulfoxide is approximately 20.1 g/L at 25°C.

2. What factors affect the solubility of ammonia gas in dimethyl sulfoxide?

The solubility of ammonia gas in dimethyl sulfoxide is affected by temperature, pressure, and the concentration of ammonia gas in the solution.

3. Why is it important to know the solubility of ammonia gas in dimethyl sulfoxide?

Knowing the solubility of ammonia gas in dimethyl sulfoxide is important for various industrial and research applications, such as in the production of pharmaceuticals, plastics, and agricultural chemicals.

4. How does the solubility of ammonia gas in dimethyl sulfoxide compare to other solvents?

The solubility of ammonia gas in dimethyl sulfoxide is higher than in most other solvents, including water, butanol, and acetone.

5. Can the solubility of ammonia gas in dimethyl sulfoxide be increased?

Yes, the solubility of ammonia gas in dimethyl sulfoxide can be increased by increasing the pressure or concentration of ammonia gas, or by decreasing the temperature.