Solving a Basic Amplifier Circuit - Get Help Here!

• Thread starter khalid57
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Amplifier
In summary, Khalid is looking for help with a homework question. He has posted the question in the Homework Help forum and is waiting for someone to help him. He has provided a circuit diagram and some general background information about the circuit. He needs to understand how R1, R2, and R4 set the bias for the NPN transistor, how R3, R4, and C3 set the gain through the amplifier, and the effects of C1, R1, R2, and C2 and R3 on the amplifier bandwidth.
khalid57
Hello every body

I am new members in here

I hope you will eccept me as a good member

I study electronic in college...

I have got this task and I can't answer it

The reason why because the tutor didn't explain to us how it's work ...

he wan't us to answer it using the internet or other peaple to help ??

so If anyone don't mind helping me to answer it

and explain to me how it work

I will be very pleased to him

You are provided with a single stage circuit and associated circuit diagrams, (Fig.2 below). With reference to the circuit briefly answer the following:

http://www.9q9q.org/index.php?image=apvY3XsqppPovU

1) Identify the circuit’s function.

2) Using the circuit diagram component reference number briefly describe the operation of the circuit.

thank you very much

and I am waiting for the answer

If anyone could help me !

I would be very greatfull for him

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF, khalid. Homework and coursework questions need to be posted in the Homework Help forums here on the PF, and not in the general forums like the EE forum. I've moved your thread into the Homework Help forums.

Also, an important PF rule is that you must show some of your own work before we can help you. We do not provide answers here on the PF, but we can provide tutorial help. So tell us what you know about the circuit...

hi berkeman

As you can see down this is the work I have done for those answer ??

In analyzing the circuit, you would need to use Thevenin's Theorem for R1 and R2. You will also need to know basic transistor theory.

Rth = R1 || R2
Vth = 9*(22/104)

Then you can locate the DC quiscent-point of the circuit via the BC108 transistor's characteristic curves. With an AC input before capacitor C1, the quiscent point will move along the load line and give a proportional voltage output at the common-emitter terminals, which is just the input signal amplified. Below is a general picture of what I am talking about:
http://www.eng.cam.ac.uk/DesignOffice/mdp/electric_web/Semi/03144.png

This post was just meant to give you the general idea about what I have done
. Also I will have to do a bit more research to understand the operation completely.

Can anyone help me please ?

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a better start. Now explain how R1, R2 and R4 set the bias for the NPN transistor. And then explain how R3, R4 and C3 set the gain through the amplifier. And explain the effects of C1, R1, R2, and C2 and R3 on the amplifier bandwidth. And using typical specs for a small-signal transistor like a 2N3904, draw the Ic vs. Vce curves like you show, with appropriate Beta gain considerations in the fan of lines, and draw the load line, and show how if varies with frequency.

thank you very much Mr berkeman

you really make me happy

that's very kind of you

I'll do my best to answer it

I will do what you told me

thx again
^_______________________________^

Related to Solving a Basic Amplifier Circuit - Get Help Here!

1. How do I determine the best amplifier circuit for my needs?

The best amplifier circuit for your needs will depend on several factors, including the type of signal you are amplifying, the desired output power, and the available power supply. It is important to carefully consider these factors and do research on different amplifier circuits to determine which one will best suit your specific needs.

2. What are the key components of a basic amplifier circuit?

The key components of a basic amplifier circuit include a power supply, input signal source, a transistor or other amplifying device, and output load. Optional components may include resistors, capacitors, and diodes for circuit stability and filtering.

3. How do I calculate the gain of an amplifier circuit?

The gain of an amplifier circuit can be calculated by dividing the output voltage by the input voltage. This is known as the voltage gain. Alternatively, the power gain can be calculated by dividing the output power by the input power.

4. What is the purpose of negative feedback in an amplifier circuit?

Negative feedback is used in amplifier circuits to stabilize the output and reduce distortion. It works by feeding a portion of the output voltage back into the input, which helps to counteract any changes in the input signal. This results in a more accurate and stable output signal.

5. How can I troubleshoot and solve issues with my amplifier circuit?

If you are having issues with your amplifier circuit, the first step is to check all connections and components to ensure they are properly connected. You can also use a multimeter to check for any shorts or open circuits. If the issue persists, you may need to consult a circuit diagram and use your knowledge of circuit theory to identify and fix the problem. It is also helpful to consult with others who have experience with amplifier circuits for troubleshooting advice.