Solving Generator Problems to Power 60 Watt Light Bulb

• Thread starter Ilyo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Generator
In summary, the conversation discusses the speaker's project of creating a small generator to power a 60 watt light bulb. The speaker mentions the difficulty of finding relevant information without having to pay for it. They also share their design and ask for help in disrupting the magnetic fields of the wire to produce a charge. After being directed to a helpful website, the speaker realizes their mistake of using bare wire instead of enameled wire.
Ilyo
Alright for a few days now I have been working on a small little cute generator. I want it to power a 60 watt light bulb and that's about it

Now my design goes off of what I know and what I have been able to scrounge up but of course it is almost impossible to find anything relevant without paying for info since the internet is full of the "power your house for free (at the cost of this manual)" I don't want to run my house on self made power I just want this little light to light

Any way here is my design

wtf2.jpg

From what I understand what I need to do is disrupt the magnetic fields of the wire which produces a charge?

Well I cannot produce a charge with this design could somone tell me what I am doing wrong and how I can fix this? Please and thank you

Engineering news on Phys.org
Take a look at this webpage,

http://www.otherpower.com/turbineplans.shtml

Scroll down to the "Stator," and "Magnet Rotor" links. Those should help you with this design.

Last edited by a moderator:
actually I found out what my problem was ._.

Its a bit of the moron moment syndrome... Looking at the package of wire I bought I noticed it was bare wire not enameled ...

Sorry for the bother though I did look at the website and will save it for future use

1. How do I determine the correct generator size for a 60 watt light bulb?

The size of a generator is determined by its wattage output. For a 60 watt light bulb, you will need a generator that can produce at least 60 watts of power. However, it is recommended to choose a generator with a slightly higher wattage to account for any fluctuations in power usage.

2. Can I use any type of generator to power a 60 watt light bulb?

Yes, any type of generator that can produce at least 60 watts of power can be used to power a 60 watt light bulb. This includes portable generators, standby generators, and solar-powered generators.

3. How long can a 60 watt light bulb be powered by a generator?

The length of time a generator can power a 60 watt light bulb depends on the size and capacity of the generator, as well as the type of fuel it uses. On average, a 60 watt light bulb can be powered for approximately 10-12 hours by a 1000-watt generator.

4. What are some common problems that can occur when using a generator to power a 60 watt light bulb?

Some common problems that can occur include overloading the generator, running out of fuel, and mechanical failures. It is important to properly maintain and monitor the generator to prevent these issues.

5. Are there any safety precautions I should take when using a generator to power a 60 watt light bulb?

Yes, it is important to follow all safety guidelines when using a generator. This includes keeping the generator outdoors, away from buildings and windows, and using proper extension cords. It is also important to never overload the generator and to always turn it off when not in use.