Solving H_{s,\theta} and H_{i,\theta} Relationship on Planar Surface

In summary, on a conducting planar surface, the tangential boundary condition states that the scattered electric field is equal to the negative of the incident electric field in both the theta and phi directions. This means that the phi component of the scattered electric field is equal to the negative of the phi component of the incident electric field, and the theta component of the scattered electric field is equal to the negative of the theta component of the incident electric field. The relationship between the theta component of the scattered magnetic field and the theta component of the incident magnetic field is still unknown and needs to be urgently determined.
Ameilucky
Hi,
On a conducting planar surface, with a plane wave illuminated,(s for scattered field, i for incident field) in spherical coordinates under the tangential boundary condition that:
E_{s}(\theta,\phi)=-E_{i}\theta,\phi),
which is E_{s,\phi}(\theta,\phi)=-E_{i,\phi}(\theta,\phi) and
E_{s,\theta}(\theta,\phi)=-E_{i,\theta}(\theta,\phi)
then what is the relationship between
H_{s,\theta}(\theta,\phi) and H_{i,\theta}(\theta,\phi), respectively
H_{s,\theta}(\theta,\phi)and H_{i,\theta}(\theta,\phi)?

I need to figure out this urgently, many thanks!

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
LaTeX isn't enabled by default, you need [itex]code here[/itex] and [tex]code here[/tex].

Related to Solving H_{s,\theta} and H_{i,\theta} Relationship on Planar Surface

1. What is the purpose of solving the relationship between Hs,θ and Hi,θ on a planar surface?

The purpose of solving this relationship is to understand the behavior of light as it reflects off a planar surface. This is important in various fields such as optics, photography, and computer graphics.

2. What are Hs,θ and Hi,θ in relation to light on a planar surface?

Hs,θ is the angle of incidence, which is the angle between the incident ray and the normal to the surface. Hi,θ is the angle of reflection, which is the angle between the reflected ray and the normal to the surface.

3. How can the relationship between Hs,θ and Hi,θ be solved on a planar surface?

The relationship can be solved using the Law of Reflection, which states that the angle of incidence is equal to the angle of reflection.

4. What factors can affect the relationship between Hs,θ and Hi,θ on a planar surface?

The relationship can be affected by the properties of the surface, such as its material, texture, and curvature. The angle of incidence and the wavelength of light can also have an impact on the relationship.

5. Why is it important to understand the relationship between Hs,θ and Hi,θ on a planar surface?

Understanding this relationship can help in designing and optimizing various devices that use light, such as mirrors, lenses, and cameras. It also allows for accurate predictions and calculations in fields such as optics and computer graphics.