Some good physics educators on youtube?

In summary, there are many great physics educators on YouTube who offer engaging and informative videos on various topics in physics. Some notable channels include Veritasium, MinutePhysics, and Physics Girl, which cover a wide range of concepts in a fun and accessible manner. These educators use creative visuals and demonstrations to explain complex concepts, making it easier for viewers to understand and retain the information. Other popular channels include Crash Course and The Organic Chemistry Tutor, which offer comprehensive lessons and practice problems for students of all levels. Overall, YouTube has become a valuable resource for those looking to learn and improve their understanding of physics.
starstruck_
HI!

I'm in first year physics right now doing the second part of my course - electricity and electromagnetism, and I'm REALLY struggling. This is mostly due to the fact that other than very basic, grade 11 circuits, I had no base going into electricity for first year physics because my teacher didn't get to it at all.

When we're doing things in our tutorial (like when my professor brings in objects for us to play around with), I am somewhat able to figure out what's going on, but I'm not confident with my approach.

If anyone knows of any specific educators on youtube who do a good job of explaining concepts in detail, could you please let me know?

Some of the youtube videos I've found don't explain the concept really well.
Thank you!

Physics news on Phys.org
Veritasium is one of the best. Also, vsauce, Physics girl and minute physics are great. As you check these channels out you’ll notice that they collaborate with another and so you’ll be able find more great folks.

Numberphile, computerphile and other Brady Harlan channels are good for math, and computer tech.

3blue1brown is great for math and physics theory. He has two fantastic sequences of videos Essence of Calculus, and Essence of Linear Algebra that you have to see.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYO_jab_esuFRV4b17AJtAw

Www.mathispower4u.com lists 5000 YouTube videos teaching prealgebra to first college calculus, diff eqns, linear algebra and statistics in 10 minute chunks.

Last edited:
Likes starstruck_ and Waffle24
Thank you so much!

Also, thank you so much for the linear algebra ones! I took the course last term and tried to teach myself but uh don’t remember much, and I need it to do data reduction - forgot all about it!

A couple of more that I forgot:

mathologer

PBS Infinite Series math and science...

blackpenredpen for calculus problems...

Likes starstruck_

1. What makes a good physics educator on YouTube?

A good physics educator on YouTube should have a strong understanding of the subject matter, excellent communication skills, and the ability to break down complex concepts into easy-to-understand explanations. They should also use engaging visuals and examples to enhance the learning experience for their viewers.

2. Are there any reputable channels or individuals who specialize in teaching physics on YouTube?

Yes, there are many reputable channels and individuals who specialize in teaching physics on YouTube. Some popular options include Veritasium, MinutePhysics, Khan Academy, and Physics Girl. It's important to do your research and choose a channel or individual that aligns with your learning style and goals.

3. Can I trust the information and teachings of physics educators on YouTube?

It's always important to approach any educational content, including YouTube videos, with a critical mindset. While there are many reputable and knowledgeable physics educators on YouTube, it's important to fact-check and verify information from multiple sources before fully trusting it.

4. Are there any specific criteria I should look for when choosing a physics educator on YouTube?

Some important criteria to consider when choosing a physics educator on YouTube include their qualifications and experience in the field of physics, the quality and accuracy of their content, and the engagement and feedback from their audience. You may also want to consider their teaching style and if it aligns with your learning preferences.

5. Can YouTube videos replace traditional classroom learning for physics?

While YouTube videos can be a valuable supplement to traditional classroom learning, they should not be used as a replacement. In-person instruction allows for interactive discussions, hands-on experiments, and personalized feedback, which are all important components of a well-rounded physics education. However, YouTube videos can be a helpful resource for review, additional practice, and exploring topics in a more visual and interactive way.