Sudden Increase in Heart Beat: Causes for Boys 17 Yrs

• Medical
  • Thread starter S.S
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Heart
In summary, a 17-year-old boy experienced a sudden increase in heart rate while playing, resulting in a serious condition that required admission to the ICU. This happened twice within a month and further check-ups revealed ineffective pumping of blood from the auricles to the ventricles. The cause and potential solutions should be discussed with the doctor.
S.S
What can be the possible causes for sudden increase in heart beat for a boy of 17 years?

Biology news on Phys.org
S.S said:
What can be the possible causes for sudden increase in heart beat for a boy of 17 years?

What have you found in your reading so far?

And what has the boy's doctor said when you brought it to their attention?

Actually his heart beat increased suddenly while playing and he had been admitted to the ICU in serious condition.It was a sheer luck that he is still alive.
After that the incident happened once more within a month.Further check ups revealed that his auricles were ineffectively pumping blood to the ventricles.

Likes Cyruz
I was just wondering why this is happening to him and is it life threatening?If so what can be the possible ways to minimize it?

Likes Cyruz
S.S said:
I was just wondering why this is happening to him and is it life threatening?If so what can be the possible ways to minimize it?
Sorry, we do not give out medical advice. You need to speak with the doctor.

Likes berkeman

What could be causing a sudden increase in heart rate for a 17-year-old boy?

There are several possible causes for a sudden increase in heart rate for a 17-year-old boy. It could be due to physical activity, stress or anxiety, certain medications, caffeine or energy drinks, or an underlying medical condition such as anemia, hyperthyroidism, or heart disease.

Is a sudden increase in heart rate normal for a teenage boy?

Sudden increases in heart rate are common for teenagers, especially during periods of physical activity or strong emotions. However, if the increase is accompanied by other symptoms or occurs frequently, it is important to consult a healthcare professional for further evaluation.

How can I tell if a sudden increase in heart rate is a sign of a more serious problem?

If the sudden increase in heart rate is accompanied by other symptoms such as dizziness, chest pain, shortness of breath, or fainting, it could be a sign of a more serious underlying medical condition. It is important to seek medical attention if these symptoms occur.

What can I do to lower my heart rate if it suddenly increases?

If the sudden increase in heart rate is due to physical activity or strong emotions, taking a break and practicing deep breathing or relaxation techniques can help lower the heart rate. If it is due to caffeine or medication, avoiding these substances may also help. However, if the increase is persistent or accompanied by other symptoms, it is important to consult a healthcare professional for proper treatment.

Can lifestyle changes help prevent sudden increases in heart rate?

Making healthy lifestyle choices such as maintaining a balanced diet, exercising regularly, managing stress, and avoiding substances like caffeine and energy drinks can help prevent sudden increases in heart rate. It is also important to monitor any underlying medical conditions and follow any prescribed treatments to help prevent sudden increases in heart rate.