Tablet charging problem and data recovery

In summary, the person is having trouble charging their IKALL N9 tablet and has tried adjusting the charger and changing it, but the tablet still won't charge. They are looking for suggestions on how to recover their data without turning on the tablet. Some possible solutions include taking it to a hardware repair shop, using specialized data recovery services, or removing the memory chips and installing them on a new tablet. However, these solutions may be expensive and it is recommended to have a backup of important data. Additionally, the poster suggests checking for lint or dust in the charging port and removing the hard drive, if possible, to access the data.
anyonebutangel
TL;DR Summary
My IKALL N9 Tablet isn't charging.and now since it's battery dead,i need to recover my data and files.I tried connecting it to my laptop but it showed no response and neither did the laptop.
I was wondering if there was any way either to fix the charging problem or to recover data.
My tablet is IKALL N9 .Recently,I started facing problem connecting it to the charger so I would adjust the charger a bit until it would show charging .But a few days back it stopped charging altogether.it won't show the charging sign neither with AC source nor the power bank.I even changed the charger.But nothing helped?
Does anyone have any suggesstions to recover my data without switchin it on?
Thank You.

Computer science news on Phys.org
Get it to a store where they actually do hardware repair. There is a good chance that it's just some soldering or mechanical issue around the connector.

It is very unlikely you will be able to recover the data unless you stored it on an sd card if it had such a slot unless you can get it powered on again.

If the repair shop could repair the battery/charger, or otherwise power up the tablet, then you could get your data off.

For more money, they might be able to remove the memory chips from the old tablet, and install them on a new tablet. There are some repair shops that specialize in data recovery.

NSA and CIA have even more capable and expensive ways of recovering data.

However the data recovery job may cost a fortune, so you have do decide how much it is worth to you. If it costs ##$10^N##, what is the biggest N you can justify spending?

Then you can tell your children and grandchildren why it is foolish to keep important data without a backup. :wink:

Before you start spending too much time and money trying to fix it make sure the charging port is not full of lint/dust/whatever using something not too hard and non-conductive like a tooth pick. Lost count how many times I have fixed someones problems with headphones or chargers this way.

Likes Lnewqban and anorlunda
CORRECTION: I have been corrected by @sysprog regarding the type of memory in this tablet. This post is wrong.

If nothing else works, the hard drive can be removed, attached to another computer, and copied or used in-place. It is usually not very complicated to remove the hard drive of a laptop. Typical users can do it. Look for youtube videos.

Last edited:
Likes sysprog
FactChecker said:
If nothing else works, the hard drive can be removed, attached to another computer, and copied or used in-place. It is usually not very complicated to remove the hard drive of a laptop. Typical users can do it. Look for youtube videos.
The IKALL N9 does not have a hard drive -- it uses flash memory -- for data recovery, it would be reasonably straightforward to do a teardown as if to replace the battery, remove or otherwise disconnect the battery, then connect an external power supply to the terminals from which the battery was thereby disconnected, then access the storage -- then copy it via one or more of the interfaces.

• Informative
Likes FactChecker

What are common reasons for tablet charging problems?

Common reasons for tablet charging problems include faulty charging cables or ports, low battery capacity, software issues, or hardware damage.

How can I troubleshoot a tablet charging problem?

To troubleshoot a tablet charging problem, try using a different charging cable or port, make sure the battery is not drained, check for software updates, and inspect the tablet for any physical damage.

What should I do if my tablet is not charging at all?

If your tablet is not charging at all, try using a different charging cable and port. If that doesn't work, the issue may be with the battery or internal hardware, and you may need to take it to a professional for repair.

Can I recover data from a tablet with a charging problem?

Yes, it is possible to recover data from a tablet with a charging problem. You can try connecting the tablet to a computer via USB and accessing the files that way, or you can take it to a professional data recovery service.

How can I prevent tablet charging problems in the future?

To prevent tablet charging problems, make sure to use a high-quality charging cable and avoid overcharging the device. It is also important to keep the tablet's software up to date and handle it with care to avoid physical damage.