The Holographic Principle: Separating Fact from Fiction

In summary, the conversation was about the Holographic Universe and how some non-physicists believe that our brain creates a holographic projection of the world around us. The person is looking for a mathematical model to disprove this belief, but it is unnecessary as there is no scientific evidence to support it. The Holographic Universe is a theoretical concept and should not be taken as fact.
Rajkovic
I saw some videos about the Holographic Universe and I found a big problem, has some people (non-physicists) that create videos saying the Holographic Universe is created by our brain (to hold religious beliefs), they say that people, objects, etc are made of waves and frequencies (sounds)...and translated by our brain in holographic projections, I know this is totally retarded, you guys know some way to get it out of my head? Any mathematical model that proves that this is a lie? because now I have difficulty accepting the solid matter, I keep thinking all the time that is my brain that creates a holographic projection.
[I know that this is BS, like, how the camera works then? Or what my brain is made of if he is creating the holographic world around me? But I want to know if there's a mathematical model that proves that's BS..

Space news on Phys.org
Since the scenario you describe is unscientific, and the persons promoting it are not scientists, there is no need to provide a scientific counter argument.
There exists no evidence which supports the proposal in the first place , so equally you can dismiss it without evidence.

If somebody tells you that he has conversations with fairies you don't need to disprove it since you haven't been given any reason to believe that claim.

Last edited:
Thread closed temporarily for Moderation...

Rajkovic said:
I saw some videos about the Holographic Universe...

Your worry over nothing. These videos have no doubt butchered what the holographic principle is about. It certainly doesn't say that our brain creates anything. You don't need to search around for something that debunks these videos, they debunk themselves by taking a scientific theory and using it without any idea how to use it. Or, if you prefer, you can say that the holographic principle itself debunks their videos.

If you'd like to know more about the holographic principle you can see the wiki article, but since we don't usually allow discussions aimed at debunking bad science this thread will remain locked. Just keep in mind that the holographic principle is purely theoretical. There is little evidence at this time suggesting it is true.

1. What is the Holographic Universe theory?

The Holographic Universe theory proposes that our 3-dimensional reality is actually a projection of information stored on a 2-dimensional surface. This theory suggests that the entire universe can be thought of as a giant hologram, where all information is encoded on the surface and can be projected into our 3-dimensional experience.

2. How does the Holographic Universe theory explain gravity?

The Holographic Universe theory suggests that gravity is a result of the warping of space-time caused by the information stored on the 2-dimensional surface. This means that gravity is not a fundamental force, but rather an emergent property of the holographic nature of our universe.

3. Is there any evidence to support the Holographic Universe theory?

While there is currently no direct evidence to prove the Holographic Universe theory, there are several pieces of evidence that support its validity. For example, the holographic principle has been successfully applied to black holes and the early universe, and experiments in quantum mechanics have shown that information can be encoded on a 2-dimensional surface.

4. How does the Holographic Universe theory relate to other theories, such as string theory and quantum mechanics?

The Holographic Universe theory is closely related to string theory and quantum mechanics, as they all suggest that reality is fundamentally made up of information. However, the Holographic Universe theory differs in its proposal that this information is stored on a 2-dimensional surface rather than within the 3-dimensional space itself.

5. What are the implications of the Holographic Universe theory?

If the Holographic Universe theory is proven to be true, it would completely change our understanding of reality and the laws of physics. It could also have implications for our understanding of consciousness and the nature of the universe itself. Additionally, it could potentially lead to new technologies and advancements in fields such as quantum computing.