This problem is from an r/calculus thread

• Thread starter benorin
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Thread
In summary, the conversation revolves around using LaTeX to post an answer in a calculus subreddit. The conversation also briefly mentions the power rule, chain rule, and Fundamental Theorem of Calculus. The purpose of the post is not for homework help, but rather to have a LaTeX-enabled forum to post the answer. The concept of subreddits is also briefly discussed.
benorin
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Homework Statement
If $$y=\left( \int_0^x (t^{3}+1)^{10}\, dt\right) ^3$$
Find ##\tfrac{dy}{dx}##
Relevant Equations
I hope it is ok for me to post here, I just needed ##\LaTeX##. Thank you!

FTC, chain rule, power rule
I hope it is ok for me to borrow this post: No HW help required here. I just wanted to have LaTeX enabled forum to post my answer to this thread in r/calculus

Work: If $$y= \left( \int_0^x (t^{3}+1)^{10}\, dt\right) ^3 $$
then $$\begin{gathered} \tfrac{dy}{dx} =3 \left( \int_0^x (t^{3}+1)^{10}\, dt\right) ^2\cdot \tfrac{d}{dx} \left( \int_0^x (t^{3}+1)^{10}\, dt\right) \quad (1)\\ =\boxed{3 \left( \int_0^x (t^{3}+1)^{10}\, dt\right) ^2\cdot (x^{3}+1)^{10}}\quad (2) \\ \end{gathered}$$

where (1) is power rule followed by the chain rule and (2) is FTC.

Likes Delta2
Physics news on Phys.org
benorin said:
Homework Statement:: If $$y=\left( \int_0^x (t^{3}+1)^{10}\, dt\right) ^3$$
Find ##\tfrac{dy}{dx}##
Relevant Equations:: I hope it is ok for me to post here, I just needed ##\LaTeX##. Thank you!

FTC, chain rule, power rule

No HW help required here. I just wanted to have LaTeX enabled forum to post my answer to this thread in r/calculus
What's an r/calculus?

berkeman said:
What's an r/calculus?
The lower case “r/“ prefix denotes that it’s followed by the name of a subreddit (ie it’s a Reddit forum basically).

berkeman said:
What's an r/calculus?

To be honest, the only one you really need to know is r/prequelmemes

Likes benorin
Lmao

1. What is the problem from the r/calculus thread?

The specific problem from the r/calculus thread is not specified, as there are multiple problems discussed on the subreddit. It is important to provide the specific problem in order to receive accurate and helpful responses.

2. What is the purpose of the r/calculus thread?

The r/calculus thread is a subreddit dedicated to discussing and solving problems related to calculus. It serves as a platform for students and professionals to share their knowledge and help each other with difficult calculus problems.

3. How can I participate in the r/calculus thread?

To participate in the r/calculus thread, you can join the subreddit and post your own calculus problems or questions, or you can contribute by providing solutions and explanations to others' problems. It is important to follow the subreddit rules and guidelines to ensure a positive and helpful community.

4. Are there any resources recommended in the r/calculus thread?

Yes, the r/calculus thread often recommends online resources such as Khan Academy, Paul's Online Math Notes, and MIT OpenCourseWare for additional help and practice with calculus concepts. It is also recommended to consult textbooks and attend lectures or tutorials for a more comprehensive understanding of the subject.

5. Can I get help with my homework on the r/calculus thread?

While the r/calculus thread is a helpful resource for understanding and solving calculus problems, it is not a place to get direct answers to homework questions. It is important to show effort and understanding in your posts and to use the subreddit as a tool for learning, rather than simply getting answers. Cheating and plagiarism are not tolerated in the community.