TI-Nspire CX CAS normal distribution graph

In summary, a normal distribution graph, also known as a bell curve, is a symmetrical and bell-shaped graphical representation of a dataset that follows a normal distribution. To create one on the TI-Nspire CX CAS, go to the "Graphs" menu and select "NormalCDF" from the "Distributions" submenu. The appearance of the graph can be customized by selecting "Format" from the "Graphs" menu. It can also be used to find probabilities using the "ShadeNorm" function, and to analyze real-world data by inputting the appropriate data and parameters.
karush
Gold Member
MHB
I am trying learn how to graph Normal distribution with TI-Nspire CX CAS went to the Ti.com but just found a work sheet. or else I missed it some where. but saw some examples on the display. thanks ahead for help:cool:

Physics news on Phys.org
If you are wanting to graph the normal curve, given the standard deviation $\sigma$ and the mean $\mu$, then you may simply graph:

\(\displaystyle f(x)=\frac{1}{\sigma\sqrt{2\pi}}e^{-\frac{(x-\mu)^2}{2\sigma^2}}\)

Normal_Curve_Family.JPG

actually trying to get the graph screen to look like this where \(\displaystyle \sigma\) and \(\displaystyle \mu\) are on adjustment arrows.

Last edited:

1. What is a normal distribution graph?

A normal distribution graph, also known as a bell curve, is a graphical representation of a dataset that follows a normal distribution. It is symmetrical and bell-shaped, with the majority of the data falling in the middle and tapering off towards the edges.

2. How do I create a normal distribution graph on the TI-Nspire CX CAS?

To create a normal distribution graph on the TI-Nspire CX CAS, go to the "Graphs" menu and select "NormalCDF" from the "Distributions" submenu. Enter the necessary parameters, such as the mean and standard deviation, and the graph will be automatically generated.

3. Can I customize the appearance of the normal distribution graph on the TI-Nspire CX CAS?

Yes, you can customize the appearance of the normal distribution graph on the TI-Nspire CX CAS. You can change the color, line style, and other graphical elements by selecting "Format" from the "Graphs" menu.

4. How can I use the normal distribution graph to find probabilities?

The normal distribution graph on the TI-Nspire CX CAS can be used to find probabilities by using the "ShadeNorm" function. This function allows you to shade a specific area under the curve, which represents the probability of a certain event occurring within a given range.

5. Can I use the normal distribution graph on the TI-Nspire CX CAS to analyze real-world data?

Yes, the normal distribution graph on the TI-Nspire CX CAS can be used to analyze real-world data. By inputting the appropriate data and parameters, you can visually represent and analyze the distribution of a dataset and make predictions or draw conclusions based on the data.