Tips for Making Exercise Easy and Enjoyable

In summary: Just remember that this is NRZI, not NRZ, so the voltage level change is not for every bit, but only when there is a 1. Keep up the good work!In summary, the conversation discusses the topic of NRZI encoding and its differences from NRZ and NRZ-I. The conversation also includes a Google search link for more information on NRZI encoding and a video resource for better understanding. The summary also mentions the confusion over the "I" in NRZI and its origins from IBM. Finally, the conversation ends with a clarification on the voltage level changes in NRZI.
Dan78
Homework Statement
Using the grid below, sketch a waveform to show how the data 10101000 would be transmitted to line using Non-return-to-zero inverted (NRZI) line encoding. Assume the signal level is initially high as shown.
Relevant Equations
None
2022-04-20.png

Physics news on Phys.org
You need to show your attempt at this problem. I thought that I made that clear in my previous PM to you...

Sorry. What i have is this

Attachments

• 2022-04-20 (1).png
    2022-04-20 (1).png
    27.8 KB · Views: 97
Dan78 said:
Sorry. What i have is this
That looks close, but the "Inverted" part of NRZI means that you should invert that plot, no?

From the Google search preview:

1650487492348.png

berkeman said:
That looks close, but the "Inverted" part of NRZI means that you should invert that plot, no?
I think the "I" is more complicated than that - it doesn't just invert the levels of NRZ, it is a completely different (and poorly named) edge-based system (an edge of either sign is a 1 and the absence of a signal edge on a clock pulse signifies a 0).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-return-to-zero#Non-return-to-zero_inverted
Edit: I don't normally like videos but this one is really clear:

Last edited:
pbuk said:
I think the "I" is more complicated than that - it doesn't just invert the levels of NRZ, it is a completely different (and poorly named) edge-based system
Interesting. I only briefly looked at the Wikipedia article for NRZI, which looked like simple inversion. I wonder if NRZ-I is different from NRZI... Guess I need to do some more reading...

Likes pbuk
berkeman said:
Interesting. I only briefly looked at the Wikipedia article for NRZI, which looked like simple inversion. I wonder if NRZ-I is different from NRZI... Guess I need to do some more reading...
As I understand it NRZ-I and NRZ(I) are the same thing as NRZI: I have only ever seen it called NRZI (e.g. in the USB 2.0 specification) and importantly the "I" originally stood for IBM and was nothing to do with inversion (see http://ibm-1401.info/223-6988-729-MagTapeCE-InstRef-62-r.pdf).

This is totally different from NRZ, also called "on-off keying" where 1 is normally represented by a high voltage and 0 a low voltage: I am not aware of the opposite convention having a specific name, I suppose you could call it "Inverted NRZ" but that would just add to the confusion!

In summary

Data 0
Data 1
L​
H​
NRZ​
H​
L​
NRZ​
No transition​
Transition (H-L or L-H)​
NRZI​
NRZ IBM​
Transition (H-L or L-H)​
No transition​
NRZI​
USB, USB 2​

What about now.
I have a starting point which is higher voltage level and every time when I encounter a 1 i have to change a voltage level. Hope is good now.

Attachments

• 2022-04-24.png
    2022-04-24.png
    29.6 KB · Views: 95
Likes pbuk
Dan78 said:
every time when I encounter a 1 i have to change a voltage level.
Looks good to me.

Likes Dan78

1. How often should I exercise?

The recommended amount of exercise for adults is at least 150 minutes of moderate-intensity aerobic activity or 75 minutes of vigorous-intensity aerobic activity per week. This can be broken down into smaller increments throughout the week, such as 30 minutes of exercise 5 days a week.

2. What are some ways to make exercise more enjoyable?

Some tips for making exercise more enjoyable include finding an activity that you enjoy, exercising with a friend or group, listening to music or podcasts, and setting achievable goals for yourself.

3. How can I make time for exercise in my busy schedule?

One way to make time for exercise is to schedule it into your daily routine, such as waking up earlier to workout or taking a walk during your lunch break. You can also try incorporating exercise into everyday activities, such as taking the stairs instead of the elevator.

4. What should I do if I have trouble staying motivated to exercise?

If you struggle with motivation, try setting small, achievable goals for yourself and rewarding yourself when you reach them. You can also try varying your workouts to prevent boredom, finding an accountability partner, or reminding yourself of the physical and mental benefits of exercise.

5. Is it important to warm up and cool down before and after exercise?

Yes, it is important to warm up before exercise to prepare your body for physical activity and reduce the risk of injury. Cooling down after exercise can also help prevent muscle soreness and aid in muscle recovery. A warm-up and cool-down can be as simple as a few minutes of stretching or a low-intensity activity like walking.