Truncated Octahedron formulas -- How to publish an article?

In summary, the conversation is about the suggestion of publishing an article on the subject of truncated octahedron formulas. One person has found some content on the topic, but suggests doing a more comprehensive study. It is proposed to write a non-refereed, general interest article for Physics Forums Insights. The person agrees and mentions sharing content about other geometric objects once they have proof of their work. The conversation ends with some basic questions about the motivation for publishing and the intended audience.
JohnPython
TL;DR Summary: Suggestions for the publication of an article

Hello everyone, I was reviewing and I can't find much content on truncated octahedron formulas, can it be useful to publish an article in a magazine on the subject?. Thank you.

Physics news on Phys.org
Lnewqban said:
Yes, I have found several contents, but I mean doing a more complete study, with demonstrations and that works for any truncated octahedron and not with a specific measure.

Choppy said:
Assuming you're talking about a non-refereed, general interest article, would you consider writing something for Physics Forums Insights?
https://www.physicsforums.com/insights/
Sure, possibly I can share content about other geometric objects, as soon as I have proof of the work. Thank you

Let's start with a few basic questions:
  1. Why do you want to publish this?
  2. Who is your intended audience?
  3. What reading have you done to ensure this is new and correct?

1. What is a truncated octahedron?

A truncated octahedron is a geometric shape with 14 faces, including 8 regular hexagonal faces and 6 square faces. It is created by truncating or cutting off the corners of an octahedron.

2. Why are truncated octahedrons important in science?

Truncated octahedrons have a unique structure that allows them to be used in various applications, such as in crystallography, chemistry, and engineering. They also have interesting properties, such as being able to pack tightly together to form a lattice, making them useful in materials science and nanotechnology.

3. What are some common formulas used for truncated octahedrons?

Some common formulas used for truncated octahedrons include the surface area formula, volume formula, and coordinates of the vertices formula. These formulas can be used to calculate different properties of the shape, such as its size and dimensions.

4. How can I publish an article about truncated octahedron formulas?

To publish an article about truncated octahedron formulas, you can submit your article to a scientific journal that specializes in mathematics, geometry, or crystallography. Make sure to follow the journal's submission guidelines and format your article according to their requirements.

5. What are some tips for writing a successful article on truncated octahedron formulas?

Some tips for writing a successful article on truncated octahedron formulas include thoroughly researching the topic, clearly explaining the formulas and their applications, and providing visual aids such as diagrams or graphs to enhance understanding. It is also important to properly cite any sources used and proofread the article for accuracy and clarity.