Unsure of the path I should take after univeristy

In summary, during the first two years of university, the person had a problem that affected their academic performance. They focused on core maths modules during this time. In years 3 and 4, they were able to overcome the problem and achieved a 1st in all modules. However, they now feel the need to relearn the physics from years 1 and 2 before feeling comfortable with their degree. They are also considering pursuing a PhD and need to learn additional subjects such as group/set theory and differential geometry. They are seeking advice on how to proceed."
redditflingbing
At the start of univerity I had a huge problem that really threw me off track. Thus during the first two years (4 year total due to masters) I focused my time on the core maths modules (maths 1, 2, 3, 4).

In year 3 and 4 I sorted the problem and really got my head down and ended up achieving a 1st in all modules (some high 1st e.g. QFT).
This has led me to a very strange predicament, that being, I need to relearn the physics from year 1 and 2 as I don't feel confortable saying I have a degree until I relearn them. This is troubling as I feel time is running out (I'm 23 years old).

I'm tending towards the quantum gravity path so I also need to learn group/set theory, differential geometry etc. Furthermore, I'm opening up to the idea of a PhD (in europe) which is one of the main reasons I need to know the bascis.
Any advice?

Physics news on Phys.org
:welcome:

Your post will probably get moved to "Academic Guidance".

1. What career options are available to me after university?

There are a wide range of career options available to you after university, depending on your field of study and personal interests. Some common options include working in your field of study, pursuing further education, or exploring different industries through internships or entry-level positions.

2. How can I figure out what career path is right for me?

It can be helpful to reflect on your strengths, interests, and values to determine what career path may be a good fit for you. You can also speak with a career counselor or participate in career assessments to gain insight into potential career options.

3. Should I choose a career that aligns with my degree?

While your degree may be a good starting point for your career, it is not necessary to limit yourself to only jobs directly related to your field of study. Many skills and knowledge gained in university are transferable to various industries and roles.

4. Is it okay to take a break or explore different options before committing to a career?

It is completely normal to feel unsure about your career path after university. Taking a break or exploring different options, such as through internships or volunteer work, can help you gain valuable experience and insight into what you enjoy and excel at.

5. How can I set myself up for success in my chosen career path?

Networking, gaining relevant experience, and continuously learning and developing new skills are all important ways to set yourself up for success in your chosen career path. It can also be helpful to seek out mentors and seek advice from professionals in your desired field.