Wake Up Early: Strategies & Tips

• Thread starter Grands
  • Start date
In summary: So, in summary, if you want to achieve the same result as the person who married a girl who needed to be at work at 7am, you should go to bed at 10-11pm and wake up when she leaves.
Apple_Mango said:
Just get a really loud alarm clock that'll blast your ears off. What I told you is what millions of people do everyday.
...And put it far-enough from your bed so you don't just hit the snooze button and go back to sleep.

Likes Grands
Physics news on Phys.org
Apple_Mango said:
Just get a really loud alarm clock that'll blast your ears off. What I told you is what millions of people do everyday.
Exactly. And they probably didn't need to consult a website to figure this out.

Likes davenn
Grands said:
What have in common university application and this?
WWGD said:
I mean, use it as an example of a small research project and of your initiative towards solving problems.
Grands said:
How PF forum can help me in this project ?
WWGD said:
In terms of helping you design it and analyze it. You come up with a plan and we can give you input. EDIT: I guess I am assuming Italian universities are similar in this regard to U.S ones in that mentioning a small research project may improve your application.
Grands, do not spend your time worrying about this unless you find it interesting; otherwise it is nothing more than a distraction.

Windadct said:
...Thursday OK, Friday - hey it Friday...
Lol, you have Friday on your mind... ?

symbolipoint said:
Grands, do not spend your time worrying about this unless you find it interesting; otherwise it is nothing more than a distraction.
I'm really confused about this sentence.

Mark44 said:
Exactly. And they probably didn't need to consult a website to figure this out.
www.DUH.com?

EDIT: Never mind, it is an actual site, supposed to be a site on obvious things. Joke dead.

I read on a article on internet there there are some hours of the night when is important to sleep, because in that house happens some chemical reaction in the body.
I don't know if it's true, and since this is a Science forum, and since Science duty is to find a correct explication of phenomena, maybe there is someone that can prove this theory.

Grands said:
I read on a article on internet there there are some hours of the night when is important to sleep, because in that house happens some chemical reaction in the body.
I don't know if it's true, and since this is a Science forum, and since Science duty is to find a correct explication of phenomena, maybe there is someone that can prove this theory.

It is not our responsibility to correct each and every misconception or try to prove every possible scenario that someone can think of. Instead, it's important for you to learn enough to make informed decisions about scientific things you read or hear and to be able to find information on a topic from reputable sources.

Likes symbolipoint and Grands
Grands said:
I personally have a problem with waking up early, can be this be related to the fact that I usually go to the bed at 23:30?

I fix alarm at 7:00 , but when I wake up I feel tired and I need to sleep.

If you're consistently getting 7-8 hours of sleep but still wake up tired and feel tired throughout the day then you need to see your doctor. You could have one of a number of issues that prevent you from sleeping well. If you're not getting consistent sleep, then that's the first thing I would try. And it's not a secret on how to do this. Go to bed at the same time, every night, and wake up at the same time, every morning. If you're still tired, try getting another half hour to an hour of sleep. If you're still tired, go see a doctor.

Drakkith said:
If you're consistently getting 7-8 hours of sleep but still wake up tired and feel tired throughout the day then you need to see your doctor. You could have one of a number of issues that prevent you from sleeping well. If you're not getting consistent sleep, then that's the first thing I would try. And it's not a secret on how to do this. Go to bed at the same time, every night, and wake up at the same time, every morning. If you're still tired, try getting another half hour to an hour of sleep. If you're still tired, go see a doctor.
I don't have this problem, is just that I was interesting in finding a way to maximize the sleeping hours in order to be more productive possibile.

Grands said:
Commonly known concept - circadian rhythm -
Normally we tend to want to sleep at night and be awake, conscious during day time.

Likes Grands
Grands said:
I'm really confused about this sentence.
Grands, stop wasting your time thinking about finding ways to experiment on Sleep, unless this is something which you find as interesting. Meanwhile, learn to adjust your own sleeping schedule the way you need. This just requires self-discipline for a few days until you adapt to the sleeping schedule you want.

There are many side issues to consider: you may take naps, maybe you are having too much sugar/carbs which make you sleepy, etc.
Plus, you are in the land that gave the world the git of Espresso coffee **Notice I am not referring to coffee itself, but the Espresso method of brewing coffee.

Likes Grands
WWGD said:
Plus, you are in the land that gave the world the gi t of Espresso coffee
Stick an f in there... then you'll have it. . :wink:

Likes Grands
OCR said:
Stick an f in there... then you'll have it. . :wink:

Thanks, you are in the country that gave the world the fgit of Espresso , Grands . ;).

Likes Grands and OCR
Lol... . :-p

Grands said:
I don't have this problem, is just that I was interesting in finding a way to maximize the sleeping hours in order to be more productive possibile.

You don't have what problem? A problem waking up early?

Likes Grands
Grands said:
Hi guys, does someone of you have problem in waking up early in the morning, like 6:30 7:00 AM ?

Do you use any strategy to solve this problem?
There are some hints to follow in order to wake up early?

It's a matter of motivation or it depends on how many hours a person sleept?
In generale there are some hours of the night in which is very important to sleep?

Thanks
Later in the topic you said that you do not have this problem of adjusting to wake up early. We do not know if you are asking what are methods are just to know, or if you ask because you, in fact, do have this problem.

If you want to know how to wake up early and do this as normal habit, then DO IT. Combine this with going to sleep just as early.

Likes Grands
symbolipoint said:
Later in the topic you said that you do not have this problem of adjusting to wake up early. We do not know if you are asking what are methods are just to know, or if you ask because you, in fact, do have this problem.
If you want to know how to wake up early and do this as normal habit, then DO IT. Combine this with going to sleep just as early.
I have those problems.

I slept more then 9 hours, and I can't stand the idea of not improving my condition.
I want to sleep less and wake up more easily, and I still didn't find the way.
It's hard to not get beck into the bed after turned of the alarm, even if this is far away from the bed.

So, I'm looking for a "best time to sleep" the best amount of hours in the best time.

Grands said:
So, I'm looking for a "best time to sleep" the best amount of hours in the best time.

You won't find an answer to your question, because there isn't one. Everyone is different and no one here can tell you how long you should sleep for or at what times you should sleep. If you're having sleep issues, you need to see a doctor. End of story.

Thread locked since this is essentially asking for medical advice.

Likes davenn and Apple_Mango