Want to know if there are any particular sites for mechanical engineering for getting recommendable research papers

Abdullah A H
where can I get best research papers for my undergrade thesis in Mechanical Engineering?

Engineering news on Phys.org
Abdullah A H said:
where can I get best research papers for my undergrade thesis in Mechanical Engineering?
Can you clarify what you mean? Are you asking where you can buy a thesis so you can present it as your own to your thesis committee? Or are you asking what journals you should already be reading in order to get more familiar with published work? What is your specialty? Is this thesis for your undergrad or graduate ME work?

Ask your professor.

Likes russ_watters
berkeman said:
Can you clarify what you mean? Are you asking where you can buy a thesis so you can present it as your own to your thesis committee? Or are you asking what journals you should already be reading in order to get more familiar with published work? What is your specialty? Is this thesis for your undergrad or graduate ME work?
Abdullah A H said:
With your topic unknown, a general suggestion might be made. Firstly, your thesis advisor and committee should play a role in the topic selection. However, they might allow one free reign on those choices. Secondly, a mentor from the early-90s; when, some work was done as a NSF-funded undergraduate researcher, stated this, "Tie one's work with recent findings and distant fundamentals within the field." For one, those original results might have seen some polishing or tarnishing over the decades. Since, they saw an "origination". Also, having one or more alternative-views or application areas of one's work might prove profitable.

A secondary focus on how the various aspects of your chosen topic might be easily-taught students at various grade levels. And, how it might clarify some of the fundamental topics with your field could be a very nice side-comment among any undergraduate, graduate, or postdoctoral thesis.

Education, Theory, and Application (ETA) are three primary-pillars of most subjects. Hopefully, your work progresses well.

[Moderator: If, making this comment is not my place. Please, remove it.]

Likes DeBangis21
berkeman said:
Sorry I didn’t mean that. I just want to know is there any sites of papers, journals so that can get some good ideas for my thesis of Mechanical engineering department. That's all. Just getting ideas. No copying, no buying

Abdullah A H said:
Sorry I didn’t mean that. I just want to know is there any sites of papers, journals so that can get some good ideas for my thesis of Mechanical engineering department. That's all. Just getting ideas. No copying, no buying
Thank goodness. :smile:

What areas of work are you interested in? Is this for your BSME or your graduate thesis? What ME journals do you read regularly? What has your faculty advisor suggested so far?

The more details you can give us, the better we can make our suggestions.

Likes DeBangis21
berkeman said:
Thank goodness. :smile:

What areas of work are you interested in? Is this for your BSME or your graduate thesis? What ME journals do you read regularly? What has your faculty advisor suggested so far?

The more details you can give us, the better we can make our suggestions.
Thank you.
Currently I am working on Hybrid system of Solar and Wind energy system. My supervisor is specialized on Renewable energy. Please give me suggestions about from where should I start. I have also read some journals so far. But integrating some innovative ideas is tough thing actually.
Do you have any ideas or guidelines?

Abdullah A H said:
Thank you.
Currently I am working on Hybrid system of Solar and Wind energy system. My supervisor is specialized on Renewable energy. Please give me suggestions about from where should I start. I have also read some journals so far. But integrating some innovative ideas is tough thing actually.
Do you have any ideas or guidelines?
Sigh. Is this for your BSME or graduate work? Please try your best to answer all of the questions we are asking you to try to help you.

Here is a good Insights article that may help to give you some ideas: https://www.physicsforums.com/insights/renewable-energy-meets-power-grid-operations/

Also, here is a thread that discusses simulations of renewable energy power grids: https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/software-to-simulate-a-renewable-grid-with-ml.1058067/

berkeman said:
Sigh. Is this for your BSME or graduate work? Please try your best to answer all of the questions we are asking you to try to help you.

Here is a good Insights article that may help to give you some ideas: https://www.physicsforums.com/insights/renewable-energy-meets-power-grid-operations/

Also, here is a thread that discusses simulations of renewable energy power grids: https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/software-to-simulate-a-renewable-grid-with-ml.1058067/
Yes, this my BSME work
Thank you

1. What are the best websites for accessing mechanical engineering research papers?

Some of the most reputable websites for accessing mechanical engineering research papers include IEEE Xplore, ScienceDirect, SpringerLink, and the ASME (American Society of Mechanical Engineers) Digital Collection. These platforms offer a vast array of peer-reviewed articles, conference papers, and journals dedicated to the field of mechanical engineering.

2. Are there any free resources to obtain mechanical engineering research papers?

Yes, there are several free resources where you can find mechanical engineering research papers. Websites like Google Scholar, arXiv, and the Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ) provide access to a significant number of free documents, including preprints and published papers across various engineering disciplines.

3. How can I ensure the research papers I find are of high quality and recommendable?

To ensure the quality of research papers, consider accessing papers published in reputable, peer-reviewed journals or conferences. Checking the impact factor of the journals, reading reviews or citations related to the papers, and verifying the credentials of the authors can also help assess the quality of the research.

4. Are there specific databases focused on mechanical engineering?

Yes, there are databases specifically tailored for mechanical engineering. The Engineering Village, Compendex, and Inspec databases are excellent resources that provide specialized search options to filter results relevant to mechanical engineering. These databases cover a wide range of topics within the field and include both historical and the most recent studies.

5. What tips can you give for searching mechanical engineering research papers effectively?

To search for mechanical engineering research papers effectively, use specific and relevant keywords related to your topic of interest. Utilizing advanced search options like Boolean operators (AND, OR, NOT) can help refine the search results. Additionally, setting up alerts in databases for new publications in your area of interest can keep you updated with the latest research developments.