Was the Angle Discovered? Thread Closed Due to Existing Problem

• Engineering
  • Thread starter AzureSekki
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Angle
In summary, the problem involves finding the angle between two line segments that are parallel and using supplementary angles to find the solution. The solution process is explained in detail and the thread has been closed as it is a new thread about an existing problem.
AzureSekki
Homework Statement
How did they get all the angle here in this problem
Except for the angle 65° which is given it's not stated on how they got it so im having a hard time to understand the problem
Relevant Equations
Find angle
Screenshot_2020-02-23-06-42-55-412_com.miui.gallery.jpg

Physics news on Phys.org
Homework Statement:: How did they get all the angle here in this problem
That's a statement of your problem, not of the homework problem.
Provide a complete problem statement
given:​
knowns:​
unknowns:​

AzureSekki said:
I am having a hard time to understand the problem
This way, so am I !

##C## doesn't exist ?

Hi,

So I am slightly confused by some of the lettering, but perhaps I am missing something. If you are told that [itex] \angle BON = 65 [/itex], then do you understand the working to find [itex] \angle AOC = 30 degrees [/itex] (I am assuming point C is where point N is)?

If we can accept that, then I think the easiest way to get [itex] \angle BOA [/itex] is just to consider [itex] \angle BON = \angle BOA + \angle AON [/itex]. Solving this yields the same answer of 35 degrees.

I believe they have labeled the 115 degrees by using the fact that line segments BA and ON are parallel and [itex] \angle OBA [/itex] and [itex] \angle BON [/itex] are therefore supplementary ('internal' angles of parallel lines add up to 180 degrees), so they could get 115 from [itex] \angle OBA = 180 - 115 [/itex]

Hope that answers your question. If not, let me know and I will respond appropriately.

Kind regards

Master1022 said:
If not, let me know and I will respond appropriately.
Post the complete problem statement !

Master1022 said:
Hi,

So I am slightly confused by some of the lettering, but perhaps I am missing something. If you are told that [itex] \angle BON = 65 [/itex], then do you understand the working to find [itex] \angle AOC = 30 degrees [/itex] (I am assuming point C is where point N is)?

If we can accept that, then I think the easiest way to get [itex] \angle BOA [/itex] is just to consider [itex] \angle BON = \angle BOA + \angle AON [/itex]. Solving this yields the same answer of 35 degrees.

I believe they have labeled the 115 degrees by using the fact that line segments BA and ON are parallel and [itex] \angle OBA [/itex] and [itex] \angle BON [/itex] are therefore supplementary ('internal' angles of parallel lines add up to 180 degrees), so they could get 115 from [itex] \angle OBA = 180 - 115 [/itex]

Hope that answers your question. If not, let me know and I will respond appropriately.

Kind regards
Thanks for the clarification

Thread closed, as this is a new thread about an existing problem.

Likes BvU

Related to Was the Angle Discovered? Thread Closed Due to Existing Problem

1. How do scientists determine the angle of a specific object?

Scientists use a variety of tools and techniques to determine the angle of an object. Some methods include using a protractor, measuring with a ruler or tape measure, using a clinometer, or using advanced technology such as lasers or satellite imagery.

2. What is the process for finding the angle of an object?

The process for finding the angle of an object depends on the specific tools and techniques being used. Generally, scientists will measure the distance and height of the object, then use trigonometric principles to calculate the angle.

3. How accurate are scientists in determining angles?

The accuracy of determining angles depends on the precision of the tools and techniques being used, as well as the skill and experience of the scientist. With advanced technology and precise measurements, scientists can determine angles with a high degree of accuracy.

4. Can angles be determined in all situations?

In most cases, angles can be determined by scientists using various methods. However, in certain situations where objects are obstructed or out of reach, it may be impossible to accurately determine the angle.

5. How do scientists use angles in their research?

Angles are used in a wide range of scientific research, from measuring the tilt of the Earth's axis to understanding the orientation of molecules in chemical reactions. They also play a crucial role in fields such as astronomy, physics, and engineering.