Welcome Back! Catch Up with Evo, MIH, HRW, Danger & Hypatia

In summary: I have not had internet so have not been on PFs, though I did meet a few nice guys on the golf course. So far so good.No sand between my toes yet, but I met a few nice guys on the golf course. So far so good.Welcome back, woolie. I missed you bunches. :smile: When did you leave? I can't even remember.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
I am back, i can see loads of things have changed, Evo looks different from
how i remember her, " sorry to read about Evo childs pnumonia".
So what has been occurring in my abscense? I have a few stories to tell, but
they can wait unitil later when i have all your news.
What has Evo, MIH, HRW, Danger ,Hypatia etc been upto ?
I am settled in my cottage now and have just about every thing i need, even
warmth :biggrin: it is not nice trying to dry with a frozen towel :mad:
I have resolved not to have a TV, or have news papers delivered, my entertainment is radio or books, "since i have not had internet i have read
about 40 ,some big thick ones".
Can not wait to her from you guys.

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome back Woolie, you've been missed, especially by the ladies of the PF sisterhood.

Lots of events, quite a few birthdays, and so on. The others will certainly fill in the thread. :biggrin:

Good to hear you have a nice little home and welcome back.

I'd stick to radio, books, and the internet for my entertainment too. It is nice to watch some movies and a couple shows like mythbusters on occasion though. I've actually vowed that when I have my own home I will make sure that the TV (if I have one) is not the focal point of my living room.

Thanks Astro, congrats on the guru award, i missed them being awarded.

Welcome back, woolie. I missed you bunches. :smile: When did you leave? I can't even remember.

You missed the Great Big PF Gathering at Walt Disney World!

:)

Zz.

TheStatutoryApe said:
Good to hear you have a nice little home and welcome back.

I'd stick to radio, books, and the internet for my entertainment too. It is nice to watch some movies and a couple shows like mythbusters on occasion though. I've actually vowed that when I have my own home I will make sure that the TV (if I have one) is not the focal point of my living room.

Good to hear from you SA, I must start collecting some up to date science books, i can honestly say that i do not miss TV one itsy bit, if there is a film i really want to watch i will treat myself to a trip to the cinema.
I hope you find a nice home .

Welcome back wolram!

honestrosewater said:
Welcome back, woolie. I missed you bunches. :smile: When did you leave? I can't even remember.
:tongue2: Twas mid Dec, and i think i just missed the nut house by a hair
from not being on PFs with you guys, OOOOOO, i feel all cosy again :biggrin:

ZapperZ said:
You missed the Great Big PF Gathering at Walt Disney World!

:)

Zz.
I will have to read up on that event, i hope none of you got over excited
:biggrin: and did some thing i would not.

welcome back.

wolram said:
I will have to read up on that event, i hope none of you got over excited

OK, so I fibbed a little. The "Gathering" was only 2 people, Moonbie and I, plus another non-PF person. And Greg didn't even sanctioned it.

And I behaved perfectly well. It was Moonbie who went nuts on all the attraction. She even almost assaulted Dale when he tried to steal my birthday cake.

<innocent look>

Zz.

A nice warm cottage without TV or newspapers sounds really compelling. Do you have a garden? What's the area like?

Hopefully the rest of the PF sisters will be along soon. :biggrin:

wolram said:
i hope none of you got over excited
Hah, as if there's anything you wouldn't do. :tongue2: Hm, what happened? Christmas, Guru Awards, New Year... El Hombre Invisible left, though not completely... tribdog returned, though not completely... hmm...

Astronuc said:
A nice warm cottage without TV or newspapers sounds really compelling. Do you have a garden? What's the area like?

Hopefully the rest of the PF sisters will be along soon. :biggrin:

My cottage looks on to a range of hills, "the Dassets", they are only a few
hundred feet high but the view is great. there are about thirty houses in
this village, no shops or pubs, the village is reached via a twisty turny B road
with very little traffic.
The sisters are just like the buses in the uk, you wait hours for one then three turn up together :biggrin: but that's ok as i am just so greedy.

honestrosewater said:
Hah, as if there's anything you wouldn't do. :tongue2: Hm, what happened? Christmas, Guru Awards, New Year... El Hombre Invisible left, though not completely... tribdog returned, though not completely... hmm...

So, have you had any sand between your toes yet ? any blokes chasing after you :grumpy: well i suppose it would be ok as long as your happy:cry:

Welcome back!

Hooray, wollie is back!
Spry, old goats are always welcome at PF! :smile:

arildno said:
Hooray, wollie is back!
Spry, old goats are always welcome at PF! :smile:

:biggrin: Spry is the word, i do however prefer midle aged goat, nice to talk again Arildno, do you have any news? some thing/one that's put a twinkle
in your eye.

matthyaouw said:
Welcome back!

Thanks, mathyaouw, MK, it is good to be back.

WOLRAM!

You're back! I have missed you so much! Everyone has!

Any pictures of the area in which you live?

Wow, welcome back Sir!:smile:
Glad that you're back! These nsane people were killing me!:grumpy:
BTW, how was life without our insults?

Ssup wooly. I bought a car! And am still stuck in these cold Midlands which you call home. And I've got a bizitch. That's about all different from last time, nice to know you haven't been squished by a big elephant or anything.

Evo said:
WOLRAM!

You're back! I have missed you so much! Everyone has!

Any pictures of the area in which you live?

No pictures just yet, the best thing is to come and eyeball it for your self,
hint, hint, i have two spare rooms if needed, it is a bit on the chilly side for country walks, "hovering around 0 c", but when the sun comes out a picnic
up on the hills would be great, i must remember to toss a coin or two in the
wishing well up there :biggrin:

Lisa! said:
Wow, welcome back Sir!:smile:
Glad that you're back! These nsane people were killing me!:grumpy:
BTW, how was life without our insults?

The enui was killing me dear girl, and the lack of insults was akin to the lack
of breath, by the way i am glad you have realized theese people are mad, it
gives you some hope.:biggrin:

It gives me some hope or it gives YOU some hope?:wink:

brewnog said:
Ssup wooly. I bought a car! And am still stuck in these cold Midlands which you call home. And I've got a bizitch. That's about all different from last time, nice to know you haven't been squished by a big elephant or anything.

You got a what ? and what sort of car, not a gas guzzler i hope.
I did get hassled by a heard of sheep, well a flock to be correct, they kept repeating the same thing over and over, so i told the straight that i am not
takeing them to the pub.

Astronuc said:
As long as your happy Brewy, are roofs opptional exrtas? and how long does it take the heater to get to 60? I used to know a few biker babes that would
brave such a contraption, but you would have to be even braver to give any of them a ride:biggrin:

Lisa! said:
It gives me some hope or it gives YOU some hope?:wink:

Lisa, you are a cube with undefined faces, i will never figuer which way up you are:biggrin:

wolram said:
Lisa, you are a cube with undefined faces, i will never figuer which way up you are:biggrin:
:rofl:
That depends on you!:smile:

Great to have you back Wollie. Looking forward to stories of your latest exploits.:approve:

DocToxyn said:
Great to have you back Wollie. Looking forward to stories of your latest exploits.:approve:

Im affraid i have not been dooing much exploiting of late, i have learned a few domestic truths though, like do not hang washing out to dry in sub zero temperatues, when breaking big lumps of coal with a sledge hammer, wear safty glasses, do not try to vacuum up loose carpet threads if your vacuum cleaner has a rotorary brush, even though the fire has long gone out the fire basket can still be very hot, the last one, if you have low ceilings remeber to duck in the right places, i have bits that still hurt or damaged items because i did not follow theese simple rules.:grumpy:

wolram said:
As long as your happy Brewy, are roofs opptional exrtas? and how long does it take the heater to get to 60? I used to know a few biker babes that would
brave such a contraption, but you would have to be even braver to give any of them a ride:biggrin:

There is a roof, it's optional, but it's not much fun because it mists up straight away, and it's very draughty, and it leaks. There isn't a heater, but you get a lot of heat coming off the transmission tunnel.

A friend told me that if I meet any girls who like it, I have to check that their tattoos are spelt correctly. :grin: The woman hates it!

WOOOOLLLLLIIIEE! Oh, boy! You're back! gee, I missed you! C'mere!
Here's a big hug from me
http://jm.g.free.fr/smileys/cute_smileys/bigarmhug.gif
and some kisses from the PF sisses
http://jm.g.free.fr/smileys/ladysman.gif

Hey, you missed our New Year's party in the Who's Spending the Night With Evo thread. We had a great time making movies. I wish you had been there. Here's the movie Moonbear made.
http://mm.dfilm.com/mm2s/mm_route.php?id=2760130

But hey, I am so stoked to see you back online! Hooray! :cool:

Last edited by a moderator: