What are the connections between cubes and primes?

• Thread starter Charles H
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Curious
Charles H
How did you find PF?
Google search
I found this forum because I was curious about a facet of cubes and primes. I sent an inquiry to the math department at Angelo State University, but never heard back. I have a BA in accounting, and an MS in statistics. I have always been interested in numbers and their interactions.

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF, Charles; it's good to have you here.

If you can find a paper or textbook section that discusses this subject, you could start a new thread in the Math forums with links to those references and your questions about them. :smile:

If I could find such a reference, I would not be here.

Likes PeroK
Charles H said:
How did you find PF?: Google search

I found this forum because I was curious about a facet of cubes and primes. I sent an inquiry to the math department at Angelo State University, but never heard back. I have a BA in accounting, and an MS in statistics. I have always been interested in numbers and their interactions.
Hello again. Unfortunately, it is not true. See my example in the other thread.

Likes berkeman
New here. What other thread?

Charles H said:
New here. What other thread?
LOL, *your* new thread silly. :wink:

What are the connections between cubes and primes?

The connection between cubes and primes is that a cube is a number that is the product of three equal factors, while a prime number is a number that is only divisible by 1 and itself. Therefore, a cube cannot be a prime number unless one of its factors is 1, making it a perfect cube.

How many cubes are also prime numbers?

There are only 8 cubes that are also prime numbers: 2, 3, 5, 7, 11, 13, 17, and 19. These are also known as the "cube primes" or "cubic primes".

What is the largest cube that is also a prime number?

The largest cube that is also a prime number is 19, which is the cube of 2. This is also the largest cube prime.

Are there any patterns in the relationship between cubes and primes?

There are no known patterns in the relationship between cubes and primes. The occurrence of cube primes seems to be random and unpredictable.

What is the significance of the connection between cubes and primes?

The connection between cubes and primes is an interesting mathematical phenomenon. It highlights the unique properties of both cubes and primes and shows how they can intersect in certain cases. It also serves as a reminder that there is still much to be discovered and understood about numbers and their relationships.